• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tate Forcier not going to Miami...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

according to ESPN...

think we take a pass at him?

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

according to ESPN...

think we take a pass at him?

I heard about that on the radio. The other schools he was considering at the time before he chose Miami were Washington, San Diego State, Baylor, New Mexico and Middle Tennessee State. He can tell reporters that it's personnel issues all he wants, but it's clear the real reason why he isn't going to Miami is because of the Memphis QB that just transferred there. I doubt we take a look at him or he takes a look at us.

• Content Count:  1,079

If it is due to the Memphis guy transferring there then I really don't want him. Kid left Michigan because of Denard Robinson now decommits to Miami over another QB. Seems like he is shying away from challenges and wants a place where he will be given the starting job, not a place where he will have to earn it.

I rather have guys like Floyde, Bridgewater and other QB's who will go to school as soon as they can to get in there and start competing and learning. Not someone running from a little competition.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I disagree... I would rather walk-in as a QB, have no competition, and have the coach's sole intention to make me the best QB possible. The goal is to land in the NFL. I would rather start for three or four years at college and work the kinks out then maybe platoon with someone else who potentially could be a better fit for the offense and gets a majority of the starts. Competition is good... but not looking over your shoulder is also good (ask Jose Bautista how it feels not to be looking over his shoulders in Toronto like he did in Cleveland). He's the best hitter in baseball presently.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I liked Tate out of high school but after seeing him in college, thanks, but no thanks. 

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I disagree... I would rather walk-in as a QB, have no competition, and have the coach's sole intention to make me the best QB possible. The goal is to land in the NFL.

I think your perspective is accurate if you are in the shoes of the athlete.  To the rest of us watching in the stands, and the head coach, and much of the team, that's probably not what many are looking for.  Competition makes everyone stronger.  I want BJ Daniels to have good QBs around, not just if he goes down, or if he can't get right, that we have an adequate backup, but a good QB will push him to do better. 

Good luck to Forcier, sounds like he has an uphill battle, wanting his cake and eating it too. 

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

He's not the type of guy I'd want on my team.

This.

• Content Count:  2,523

I disagree... I would rather walk-in as a QB, have no competition, and have the coach's sole intention to make me the best QB possible. The goal is to land in the NFL. I would rather start for three or four years at college and work the kinks out then maybe platoon with someone else who potentially could be a better fit for the offense and gets a majority of the starts. Competition is good... but not looking over your shoulder is also good (ask Jose Bautista how it feels not to be looking over his shoulders in Toronto like he did in Cleveland). He's the best hitter in baseball presently.

I agree with Sherriff on this one.  You want to go where YOU are the best fit and they are committed to YOU.  Everyone who has played sports has had a situation where "politics" screwed them over whether for playing time or allstar teams etc.  You only have a short window athletically to chase your dream and you don't get tape/reps on the bench.  For QBs, it's different than other positions except maybe Kicker/Punter.  The best one gets all the snaps in games 90% of the time and if you're not that guy, then you aren't going to show enough in mop up time anyway as it's usually handoffs.  So you'd much rather go to a smaller school and be "the man" than a school where there's a bigger chance something doesn't work out.  Look at Joe Flacco at Delaware.  Had he gone to a bigger school, chances are he's not in the NFL, but he went where he got his best shot.

Can't blame any athlete for moving on for a better personal situation.  As a fan, yeah, I'd like to have 3 heisman capable QBs lined up in a row, but the reality is that's not ideal for 2 of the 3 kids and they have to look out for them.  Once their eligibility is up, we move on.  They're stuck with what remains.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

yep----i would want to play

why go where i have to fight out 4 guys when i can be THE guy

Archived