• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Richard Benjamin, WR/DB, Tampa Bay Tech **2013*

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Without being a biased Bull, are we in the lead for this guy or is there another school in the top 4 that is leading? Also, from the link provided above::

Josh Newberg said...

I can't put my finger on it, but something scares me about Benjamin. He's transferred three times in three years, he hops from offense to defense. He is a very good WR and all of a sudden wants a shot at safety? Just a lot of things that I don't understand.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Watched film of him today at IMG 7 on 7. Man, he looked good. Big and fluid. Great hands.Has the knack of always finding a way to get open, like all great receivers do. USF needs to be his new home. He will be a perfect target for AW. He would totally represent Tampa. July 3 announcement. Anyone know where he will be announcing, yet?

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

247 says

@BILLREEF No.. He told me he wasn't committing until the end of July, but has told other people different things. Can't be sure.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

In the O Sentinel today they are reporting that he has decided....and may announce 7/3. I think he chooses USF.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Richard Benjamin nails down top 3, decision coming soon

1341109725269.jpg

Tampa Bay Tech WR Richard Benjamin lists UCF, USF and Vanderbilt as his final three schools. (Photo: Big County Preps)

By Ryan Bass, Bright House Sports Network

Last Updated: Saturday, June 30, 2012 @ 10:28PM

Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on googleShare on emailMore Sharing Services0

Tampa Bay Tech wide receiver Richard Benjamin is pretty confident he knows where he'll be playing college football next year, he told Rivals.com.

"I am," Benjamin told Rivals Saturday on if he knew what school he would be attending. "Yeah, you can say that I am pretty sure already."

The former Middleton receiver confirmed to BHSN through text message that his top three schools are UCF, USF and Vanderbilt.

He plans to make a decision next week.

"I plan to decide between July 3rd and July 7th," Benjamin told Rivals. "It depends on when my mother is able to get home."

BHSN talked to Benjamin about his decision to transfer to Tampa Bay Tech, as well as his recruiting process back in May.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/sports/article.html/content/news/articles/bhsn/2012/6/30/tampa_bay_tech_wr_ri.html

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

This guy seems to be all over the place with schools, position, and decisions in general. Maybe he is better off waiting longer to make a decision. Who knows. Seems like a talented player though

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

In the O Sentinel today they are reporting that he has decided....and may announce 7/3. I think he chooses USF.

I disagree, Rivals has him listed as High Interest towards UCF and Vandy. USF is only Medium as of right now.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Richard-Benjamin-117406

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think he heads to Vandy.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

CONFIRMED: #TBT WR Richard Benjamin (@BenjaminR_2) will make college decision LIVE on @BHSN Ch. 47/1147 July 9 at 4p. #UCF #USF #Vanderbilt

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423
  • Days Won:  1

I think Jeff Badet is a much better direction he and AW are close and have chemistry better route runner great hands out of the slot consistent