• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Richard Benjamin, WR/DB, Tampa Bay Tech **2013*

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

This might be a guy who commits to us wouldn't surprise me if he changed his mind later in the year. He tends to be a little all over the place. Talented player. We will see

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423
  • Days Won:  1

Risk vs reward, with taking only one rec is it worth the uncertainty when you have great rec ready to commit on the spot if offered. bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. jmo

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Risk vs reward, with taking only one rec is it worth the uncertainty when you have great rec ready to commit on the spot if offered. bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. jmo

It's difficult to say. We already have verbals from two players who are pegged to be WR's in this class. I'm not really sure how solid are their commitments. I presume you know we plan on taking only one more WR. If that's the case, I don't know all the realistic options. Frankly, I'd be a bit surprised if Benjamin picks USF. I have a feeling that a bunch of top Tampa players are going to UCF this year, in order to be guaranteed more playing time.

It's difficult to say. We already have verbals from two players who are pegged to be WR's in this class. I'm not really sure how solid are their commitments. I presume you know we plan on taking only one more WR. If that's the case, I don't know all the realistic options. Frankly, I'd be a bit surprised if Benjamin picks USF. I have a feeling that a bunch of top Tampa players are going to UCF this year, in order to be guaranteed more playing time.

Makes sense to a young man wanting to get away a little Orlando is very attractive

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I don't think he's ours. We are flush with high level WR talent right now and I even think Tshumbi Johnson comes back home to roost. His announcements that he was sniffing around haven't garnered that much interest. I got to agree with Mr. W. on this one. Would rather have Baden with all that desire, than someone who may wash out before Feb or after he gets here. Since Travis Johnson decided to go elsewhere, I think we have the luxury this year at WR of going with a little more of an unknown commodity with really nice upside. I mean we did it with Dre Davis, even when we were scraping and look at how that's turned out.

I could see Dinovo, Bailey and Benjamin going to UCF together.

There has been some online chatter about UCF having a big day on Tuesday. Don't know if that's this week or next.

Decision day is coming soon for Tampa Bay Tech wide receiver Richard Benjamin.

The day itself is not entirely set for Benjamin, but the teams are.

UCF, USF and Vanderbilt are the finalists for the highly-touted receiver, who plans on committing to one of the schools July 3.

“It’s set for July 3, but if my mom is not home in town, I’m going to wait till my mom gets back because she’s a factor for me,†Benjamin said. “She should be there when I do something.â€

Benjamin (5-11, 185) said he expects his mom to be back from Georgia either July 2 or July 3.

With listed offers from SEC schools like Florida and Auburn, Benjamin said his three finalists made the cut because he’s considering playing time and the bond he has with the coaching staffs.

Benjamin, who is rated a three-star prospect and the No. 57 wide receiver in the nation by 247Sports.com, said he already knows which school will get his commitment.

“I have the decision in my mind,†he said. “You just have to wait to find out.â€

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/os-recruiting-richard-benjamin-make-commit-july3,0,3849561.story

If he and his mom have a relationship that close I say he stays home. Especially if dad is not in the home and mom is a single mother. Don't know family dynamics just considering different angles

don't know him but id say vandy is out usf or ucf if he considered playing time ucf well yeah if the family is financially able to go back and forth UCF all day final answer. lol

Edited by Woulard

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

Mr. W nailed it. If we get him, great. If not, lets add Badet and set up our offense for AW. He'll have DVo and Badet, two guys I'm assuming he's comfortable with. Not to mention Dunk, Dre, Price, and the rest of our guys.

Edited by Bull

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I could see Dinovo, Bailey and Benjamin going to UCF together.

There has been some online chatter about UCF having a big day on Tuesday. Don't know if that's this week or next.

Decision day is coming soon for Tampa Bay Tech wide receiver Richard Benjamin.

The day itself is not entirely set for Benjamin, but the teams are.

UCF, USF and Vanderbilt are the finalists for the highly-touted receiver, who plans on committing to one of the schools July 3.

“It’s set for July 3, but if my mom is not home in town, I’m going to wait till my mom gets back because she’s a factor for me,†Benjamin said. “She should be there when I do something.â€

Benjamin (5-11, 185) said he expects his mom to be back from Georgia either July 2 or July 3.

With listed offers from SEC schools like Florida and Auburn, Benjamin said his three finalists made the cut because he’s considering playing time and the bond he has with the coaching staffs.

Benjamin, who is rated a three-star prospect and the No. 57 wide receiver in the nation by 247Sports.com, said he already knows which school will get his commitment.

“I have the decision in my mind,†he said. “You just have to wait to find out.â€

http://www.orlandose...0,3849561.story

Oh, he announced his decision is going to be at BHSN July 9th. Figured someone else would post but, got distracted. No source or link, but i remember the date and where. Will update if I run across the source again.

I saw that posted earlier.

post_online.pngErnesto729

Posted Today, 01:06 PM

Ernesto729

Scout

• default_large.png
  • 1pips.png
  • 436 posts

• LocationPembroke Pines, FL

CONFIRMED: #TBT WR Richard Benjamin (@BenjaminR_2) will make college decision LIVE on @BHSN Ch. 47/1147 July 9 at 4p. #UCF #USF #Vanderbilt