• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Wharton HS **2013**

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  150
  • Days Won:  1

Lets ignore that last post... heat of the moment and all... sucks to lose on this one... this is what it means to not be in one of the big conferences... Hargreaves wants to play for a NC... and thats easier to do at UF.

I'll be happy to delete if you wish?

Thanks for the offer... but i think its important to stand by what we say... even in the heat of the moment and all.

Holtz has done pretty well recruiting considering whats happening to the big east... its just really hard to watch UCF catching up... i am one of the few that dislikes UCF more the UF.

atleast UF fans have championships to hold over us... UCF fans are just... well. we all know what they are!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Lets ignore that last post... heat of the moment and all... sucks to lose on this one... this is what it means to not be in one of the big conferences... Hargreaves wants to play for a NC... and thats easier to do at UF.

I'll be happy to delete if you wish?

Thanks for the offer... but i think its important to stand by what we say... even in the heat of the moment and all.

Holtz has done pretty well recruiting considering whats happening to the big east... its just really hard to watch UCF catching up... i am one of the few that dislikes UCF more the UF.

atleast UF fans have championships to hold over us... UCF fans are just... well. we all know what they are!

I also dislike UCF more than UF. I have no issues with UF. They have tradition and trophies. Those are two of the most important aspects of recruiting. They are also two of the factors that carry the most weight. UCF is cocky for just no reason. I dont mind seeing UCF come up, as long as we are still beating them lol. If we cant beat them at their best...you know the rest. Especially now that they are in our conference, we need them to come up and build the rivalry even further.

I didnt think we had no shot at VH3, at least until he put out his top 5. I knew we were done at that point. Anyone holding out hope was just delusional. We certainly have an opportunity of him transferring if he doesnt enjoy his time at UF his first year and we have an amazing season this year while UF has another lackluster season. That is certainly a possibility.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I like Holtz as a person and a recruiter. It's just his defensive philosophy that kills me. That could have factored into VH3's decision a little...the prevent defense and a nickel package are not the best ways to show off a corner's abilities.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423

Dollars to donuts VH2 leaves us at the end of the season as well.

Wouldn't be wise who knows how long Muschamp will be there

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I like Holtz as a person and a recruiter. It's just his defensive philosophy that kills me. That could have factored into VH3's decision a little...the prevent defense and a nickel package are not the best ways to show off a corner's abilities.

I think that had more to do with the depth at Corner we've had the last few years. With a player like Hargreaves, we don't play prevent. Barring a rash of injuries I severly doubt we'll see as much prevent this year.

Agreed. I think Skip and Crew are going to be around a lot longer than Muschamp.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957

My fiancee went to UF undergrad and is a grad student at USF.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Can we let this thread die until he decommits?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936

I'm ecstatic to have Asiantii joining us next year, great things are happening at USF! Let's all enjoy our successes and quit worrying about what could have been. Just think in this past year alone we've landed the Elite 11 MVP quarterback and our bb team went to the tournament and did well. If I would have told you this was going to happen last year, I would have been laughed at. This is a great time to be a BULL!

• 4 months later...

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

I think that had more to do with the depth at Corner we've had the last few years. With a player like Hargreaves, we don't play prevent. Barring a rash of injuries I severly doubt we'll see as much prevent this year.

Agreed. I think Skip and Crew are going to be around a lot longer than Muschamp.

Guess Muschamp is gonna last longer now that Willie T and the bus are here!

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Guess Muschamp is gonna last longer now that Willie T and the bus are here!

Dollars to donuts a lot of us got that ass backwards.

On paper it looked like USF and UF would have had opposite seasons before the year started.