• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Wharton HS **2013**

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

We have known he was picking UF for like a week now. What is the surprise?

He didnt go to FSU or UM, and didnt choose a BE team. I dont see what the big deal is. We wont ever play against him in his college career unless we end up in a bowl game against UF. The only reason this affects us is because he didnt pick us and help our D. Would have been nice for recruiting purposes.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

http://bigcountypreps.com/180/vernon-hargreaves-commits-but-is-bitter-sweet/#.UBKR56Cd58E

bcp did a writeup

wanted out of his comfort zone....oh well

maybe things will change by February, but I doubt it.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Usf's arch nemesis...wow he must really hate his father. I would have rather seen him go anywhere else, even Notre Dame.

Um... arch nemesis?

Step away and breathe....

Lol, what have we done to even merit being a nemesis of UF? I agree with Southshore, step back and reevaluate.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Usf's arch nemesis...wow he must really hate his father. I would have rather seen him go anywhere else, even Notre Dame.

Um... arch nemesis?

Step away and breathe....

Lol, what have we done to even merit being a nemesis of UF? I agree with Southshore, step back and reevaluate.

Right now today UF is not a very good football team. Considering USF went 5-7 last year we may not have much to stand on, but USF has more potential this year. Of course with guys like VH3 picking UF over USF it tips the scale back a litte, but it's the players that make the program. If we could only lock down on 4-5 studs like Woulard and VH3 evey year, we could be in a position to run the table every year, a la Miami in the late 80s and early 90s. USF finally has quality depth, but we need a few superstars to get over the hump. I think Skip can get us there. Woulard is a great start.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

If we have a great season next year(10+ wins), I think we can pull a local stud like VH3 for 2013. I really do. idk who will be left by then, but I think we can do it if given the opportunity.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I shot at VH3 was slim at best. Good luck to him.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

If we have a great season next year(10+ wins), I think we can pull a local stud like VH3 for 2013. I really do. idk who will be left by then, but I think we can do it if given the opportunity.

If that's the case, I'd think we'd have to flip someone. I'd be surprised if there were any local studs uncommited by then.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

We got the number 1 QB in the country, really can't hear the argument that we shouldn't have gotten the no. 1 CB. But as usual, the negative nabobs will try to drown out anything pro-USF He'll probably be ready to transfer back in a year or so after he finally figures out what is happening. Hope we still have room for him.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

We got the number 1 QB in the country, really can't hear the argument that we shouldn't have gotten the no. 1 CB. But as usual, the negative nabobs will try to drown out anything pro-USF He'll probably be ready to transfer back in a year or so after he finally figures out what is happening. Hope we still have room for him.

I totally agree. I really don't see how people say we had no chance to land a recruit like VH3, but we land the top QB in the nation. It's the awful perception that USF is not on the same level that's holding us back.

Sure the SEC is the best conference, but as we saw a few years ago when USF was ranked #2, if we win we're in. And we have a better path to get to a championship than UF does. You don't have to be in the SEC to go to the NFL, the ACC continually puts more players in the NFL and is widely considered a much worse conference.

The Big East while not the best conference, still has enough power to let teams legitimately earn a spot in the top 4 playoff. All we have to do is win.

Edited by Bull Martin
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I chose USF over UF mostly because Gainesville is a crap hole. USF has tons of potential and I don't know about the older alums but when I attended, we were told not to back down and admit that you are second rate to anyone. USF is as good as any school in the country in my honest opinion. The facilities are amazing, the academics are on par with the other public state universities, the campus is gorgeous now, tradition is even there if it is brought to light. Sure we don't have the titles...yet, but it will come in time. We can't give into the mind set that we are the little guy at the kids table. I would have rather seen him go to a Big East school because I want USF to compete against the best and the Big East to be as strong as possible...I don't want to beat pansies. The SEC already has enough top recruits and UF as well as the billions of Gator fans have enough arrogance to make most people's head explode. Am I jealous of their titles, a little...do I want to see them fall hard, yes...Can I stomach them winning another title, probably not.

• Upvote 1