• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance, post-BE title

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

With regards to the topic. It's hard to say. Tampa is a heavy bandwagon town, so the place could fill up quickly if we win the BE and our BCS bowl.

See West Virginia 2007:  Above capacity crowd of 67,012 due to the heavy buzz throughout the Tampa Bay area.

The place was amazing that night!

WVA was ranked 5th coming into the game.

The Bulls had won the 2006 game against the 7th ranked Mountainmen in Morgantown

Mountaineer fans had a lot to do with filling the seats that night.

BTW, Official attendance was 67018

Can we ever recapture that magic

Yes

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'm rather excited about the home opener attendance following a Notre Dame victory.  If we win that game I wouldn't be surprised to see 55k+ against Ball State.

At 2-0 I could even see a sell out against FAMU because they bring in a lot of local alumni to watch their band.

The UTEP game would probably even have a good crowd because we'd be 3-0 and ranked decently.  I wouldn't think a sell out but some where in the 50-55K range.

That said if we lose to Notre Dame I would think something more along the lines of 45K for ball state, 50K for FAMU, and 40K for UTEP.  That's a difference of 35-40,000 tickets sold in the first three home games.  We've got a lot riding on the opener this year.

As for the actual question, if we win the Big East a la UConn 2010 I wouldn't imagine any difference, maybe 2-5% growth.  If we win the Big East at 11-1 or 12-0 I wouldn't be surprised at a 15-20% increase.  It just depends.  I mean we have FSU at home next year so the schedule wont be too terrible.  Unfortunately I'd be surprised to see any other marque home games OOC, though we will get TCU at home based on the current conference scheduling.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

good points.

also, I'm sure if FSU lives up to their hype it'll just draw that many more people.  it will be sold out no problem next year if we have success this yr and FSU has a bunch of success this year too.

• Content Count:  4,642

curse you, edit button....

anyone know attendance for FAMU when we played them a few years ago?

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

curse you, edit button....

anyone know attendance for FAMU when we played them a few years ago?

In 2005 it was 43,122 (average home attendance that season was 38,865 [37,800 if remove the FAMU game from the math])

So, it was 5322 more fans than the average attendance from the other home games back in 2005.

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

n 2005 it was 43,122

33,121 were there to see the football game and 10,001 were there to see the band.

I'm just making up numbers but there were a lot of people that came because the FAMU band was there.

I would expect that to happen again.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

n 2005 it was 43,122

33,121 were there to see the football game and 10,001 were there to see the band.

I'm just making up numbers but there were a lot of people that came because the FAMU band was there.

I would expect that to happen again.

Yep...and after the halftime show, the game well in hand, head for the parking lot.  :o

I really don't think winning the BE this year is going to result in a bump in attendance. Like Uconn of

last year, being the tallest midget doesn't necessarily pay dividends.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

I think that the w/l record to win the BE will have nearly as much to do with season ticket gains as actually winning it. NO TEAM will get thru the season without a loss, I don't think.

Most will probably lose two.

First or second in the BE and a top tier bowl victory, and we'll probably show a small percentage increase over the average gains we have each year.

• Content Count:  809

Regardless of what happens in 2011, 2012 will see an increase due to FSU fans.

FSU fans are already planning on buying up $75 season ticket packages (if they're still doing that price in 2012).

Too bad USF can't start selling those tickets NOW to USF fans. I have a feeling the same thing is going to happen to USF that happened to FSU.....FSU couldn't sell the tix to their fans, so USF was able to buy tons of em.

Archived