• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance, post-BE title

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

Regardless of what happens in 2011, 2012 will see an increase due to FSU fans.

FSU fans are already planning on buying up $75 season ticket packages (if they're still doing that price in 2012).

Too bad USF can't start selling those tickets NOW to USF fans. I have a feeling the same thing is going to happen to USF that happened to FSU.....FSU couldn't sell the tix to their fans, so USF was able to buy tons of em.

with all their hype, i'm sure they won't have a shortage of ticket buyers.  /nervous

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  639

It gets Alumni on campus and increases Donations

Our fellow directional school USC does pretty well.

We're not on the fast track to becoming a USC type program with, or without, an OCS though.

I say we have bigger fish to fry than this constant BS  about an OCS.

their stadium is 1 block off campus, students can still walk from the dorms and tailgate on campus

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

With regards to the topic. It's hard to say. Tampa is a heavy bandwagon town, so the place could fill up quickly if we win the BE and our BCS bowl.

See West Virginia 2007:  Above capacity crowd of 67,012 due to the heavy buzz throughout the Tampa Bay area.

The place was amazing that night!

WVA was ranked 5th coming into the game.

The Bulls had won the 2006 game against the 7th ranked Mountainmen in Morgantown

Mountaineer fans had a lot to do with filling the seats that night.

BTW, Official attendance was 67018

Can we ever recapture that magic

Yes

Also, we were ranked for the first time in school history after upsetting Auburn 3 weekends prior.

I still believe last year's attendance had more to do with the economy than anything else. I think it will effect this year, too, unless the NFL is out.

I'm normally a "glass is half full" guy, but if the NFL plays, I truly believe that if we come into the Cincinnati game 6-0, we'll be lucky to get 50K. Hope I'm wrong.

Guest Sunburned

I still believe last year's attendance had more to do with the economy than anything else. I think it will effect this year, too, unless the NFL is out.

How did Sold/Distributed tickets that failed to put butts in the seats have more to do with the economy than anything else?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

How did Sold/Distributed tickets that failed to put butts in the seats have more to do with the economy than anything else?

What's that have to do with this thread? If I'm reading your unclear statement correctly ...

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

IF we win the BEast this season and we see a small or moderate spike in attendance next year, then it will be impossible to claim that its solely related to the BEAst title.

We have FSU coming here next season... I have read that a TON of FSU fans are coming down for this because they want revenge. Most are planning on buying the cheap season tickets just to ensure that they will have a seat. Couple that with the local FSU fan base, that most likely never even attended FSU, and we will have a sure sellout that will throw off our attendance figures for 2012. Also don't forget about the lock out... if that happens then our figures for 2011 will throw off the real numbers as well.

Personally I don't see us winning the BEast this season because we still have issues at wide-out, QB, back field, and on the o-line. I see us losing a few games, like we did last year, due to stupid mistakes on the field. I think we will do better, but should not win the BEast unless the rest of the conference falls apart which is also likely.

Realistically I see us finishing 2nd with WV or Cuse winning the title... I see us going to the Champs Bowl, or the Liberty Bowl if the Champs takes ND.

• Content Count:  4,642

^^

not an unfair assessment, but I feel that some of those issues will be ironed out.  i'll add to your prediction by saying: depending on which issues remain an issue throughout the season will be the deciding factor of being good and really good next year.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

It gets Alumni on campus and increases Donations

Our fellow directional school USC does pretty well.

We're not on the fast track to becoming a USC type program with, or without, an OCS though.

I say we have bigger fish to fry than this constant BS  about an OCS.

their stadium is 1 block off campus, students can still walk from the dorms and tailgate on campus

Do I need to continue rattling off programs that have been successful while playing off campus?

Two of the best teams of recent decades (USC, Miami) did not play on campus.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I would be shocked if the 2012 FSU game is not a solid sell out. Besides, travelling FSU fans, Tampa is full of FSU alumni and fans who would love to see their team without the 4 hour commute. Since UF will never come to Tampa, that should be the hottest ticket for a USF home game EVER.

Also, depending on how the Big East schedule plays out, we should be seeing TCU at RayJay in either 2012 or 2013 and I would think that would be a good draw assuming both USF and TCU are doing well.

Overall, I don't think attendance will be hugely impacted by winning the Big East so much as if you can build momentum within the season especially over ranked/named teams. That explains the spike in the 2007 season. The Elon game only had 33k and North Carolina only had 37k which came after the Auburn win.....but the West Virginia game made the season.....even with the 3 straight losses.....we had 57k for both the Cincy and Louisville games although I don't think the actual attendance was close to that.

Now had we beat Rutgers and UConn, I bet that Cincy game coming back home would have also been sold out.

So, if we do win the BE.....if we win 9 or 10 games.....odds are attendance will be higher and we will be ranked. Now if we somehow win the conference like UConn did last year.....I don't think our fanbase will care.

• Content Count:  138

We have a fairly backloaded home schedule.

If we are ranked and in hunt for BE crown Miami will be a sellout. Win that game, and LVille should be a sell out. WVU of course if it means something.

Need to take care of business though.

Archived