• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

12 Basketball Transfers in 4 Years?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/guard-burwell-granted-release-transfer-usf

"With Burwell and Haynes, USF has had 12 scholarship players transfer out in the four years since Heath was hired -- eight played Division I basketball at other schools last season."

I understand Heath had turnover in his first year on the job, and this is reasonable considering the change in coaching philosophies. But Heath has still had players he has recruited included in the figures cited above. Doesn't this high turnover of scholarship players adversely impact USF's APR scores assuming the transferring player doesn't graduate from the school he's transferred to? Also, it's probably a testament to how poorly Heath's recruited in his tenure here.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

I think it could also be a reflection on his coaching style.  It's possible that recruits come here, don't like his system/style, and request to transfer. 

I really believe our basketball program won't get out of the basement until Stan Heath is sent packing. 

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

this always seems to be a bad trend.  i hope it's not reflective of a program on the steep decline.  who knows?

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

this always seems to be a bad trend.  i hope it's not reflective of a program on the steep decline.  who knows?

Basketball has been on a decline since Greenberg took the helm. Only difference was that USF was somewhat more competitive against its conference brethren when we were in C-USA. My concern is that those that transfer out actually wind up graduating when they leave; USF's basketball APR hangs in the balance of kids that are no longer with the program.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Heath recruits one type of player and plays another. It must be awkward for some of the guys he brings in. Collins appear to be the guy this year that may be a xfer down the road since he doesn't really fit our style.

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

everyone complains about the record and then complain about the transfers.  When you have a chance to upgrade in talent you do it.  I think we have had a decent recruiting class as compared to how others on this board rate it.  but time will tell in 2 yrs. 

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

As long as they graduate the APR will be ok. 

Stan needs to just play the guys he recruits and see how they roll.

Dority should have been in the games playing and improving.

Noriega should have been playing last year. 

You can't have a 6 or 7 man rotation in college basketball. 

Crater was not a good enough PG to average like 33 minutes.  He is a backup at best.  He is our starter so it is what it is.

On GAs blog he stated Heath said when Toarlyn played 16 minutes or more he averaged 9ppg and 6 rpg (in those games).  Why wasn't he in at least 16 minutes every game?

Play your players Stan, that's all I ask.  We suck playing 7, might as well suck while developing some players.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

End Rant

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/guard-burwell-granted-release-transfer-usf

"With Burwell and Haynes, USF has had 12 scholarship players transfer out in the four years since Heath was hired -- eight played Division I basketball at other schools last season."

I understand Heath had turnover in his first year on the job, and this is reasonable considering the change in coaching philosophies. But Heath has still had players he has recruited included in the figures cited above. Doesn't this high turnover of scholarship players adversely impact USF's APR scores assuming the transferring player doesn't graduate from the school he's transferred to? Also, it's probably a testament to how poorly Heath's recruited in his tenure here.

I think all the testament we've needed to see how poorly he recruited here early on is last season's record ... The group he has coming back appears to be the best, top to bottom, since he's been here.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

not looking good

Archived