• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

spring Game 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Loved the environment, USF should hold the green/gold game on campus every year, perhaps at the new soccer stadium next year.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

It's another offensive failure. BJ and Bobby are playing bad

You say BJ looked bad, I say he was 4 drops from Shields and Griffin from looking spectacular.

Either way he engineered 3 scoring drives (17 points) on a great defense in the first half. I'll take 17 points in a half all day every day.

Scott is a straight beast.

I would certainly hope our starting QB and starting offense could engineer a few scoring drives against the 2nd team D...

Shields dropped 2. BJ and Bobby both missed wide open receivers the entire game. Unimpressive.

it was 1s vs 1s

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Loved the environment, USF should hold the green/gold game on campus every year, perhaps at the new soccer stadium next year.

No chance..the new soccer stadium will be smaller. If it's on campus again it will be at the Track stadium.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

it was 1st string offense against 2nd string defense.  When BJ was on the field Barrington, Washington, Young, Lejiste and the rest of the 1st string defense were on the bench. 

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

You say BJ looked bad, I say he was 4 drops from Shields and Griffin from looking spectacular.

Either way he engineered 3 scoring drives (17 points) on a great defense in the first half. I'll take 17 points in a half all day every day.

Scott is a straight beast.

I would certainly hope our starting QB and starting offense could engineer a few scoring drives against the 2nd team D...

Shields dropped 2. BJ and Bobby both missed wide open receivers the entire game. Unimpressive.

it was 1s vs 1s

no it wasnt... it was #1 offense vs #2 defense... then #2 offense vs #1 defense...

later in the 2nd half they mixed and matched.

1v1 wouldnt have seen matt floyd throw a pick to kayvon webster in first half...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

anyone have a picture of the crowd or how it looked?

Stands were 80-85% full... And it was a wide range... Donors and die hards but a ver good number of students also. Fantastic environment!!!

Okay, where was the fantastic environment? I just came at game time and it sure wasn't inside... was this environment there before the game, in the area right outside?

Actually other than to grab 3 free waters on my way in I spent the whole time in the stands. You're entitled to your opinion. I was able to enjoy the atmosphere with other bulls fans and noticed that the students were actually paying attention. Yes... there wasn't yelling or screaming... but at the same time game didn't call for it. It was a scrimmage, people approached it that way. What I meant by fantastic environment was that people were paying attention and watching the game itself... it wasn't a social hour.

I agree with that 100%, then .... there were a few around us that were yappin but it was mostly about the game. I think with games like this, the vast majority that come out are there to watch and focus on players ... also, the absence of media timeouts kept the flow moving and people focused, I think.

• Content Count:  7,516
  • Days Won:  10

I noticed a lot of prospects at the game.  Some of those guys were seriously big!  Carlton Mitchell was there, as well, roaming the sidelines.

After the game, they had a BBQ for the players' parents/family on the new practice field.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

This ^^^^.

B.J. had a bad start, but he settled in well after that.

Our D has a chance to be something very special this season.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

No chance..the new soccer stadium will be smaller. If it's on campus again it will be at the Track stadium.

Smaller how?

You will be able to fit more people in the new soccer stadium around the berm and it would make for a much better setting.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

This ^^^^.

B.J. had a bad start, but he settled in well after that.

Our D has a chance to be something very special this season.

true. While it was unimpressive by the offense as a whole I am encouraged because they made improvement week to week.

Archived