• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

spring Game 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  2

is the game still going on? updates anyone?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

anyone have a picture of the crowd or how it looked?

Stands were 80-85% full... And it was a wide range... Donors and die hards but a ver good number of students also. Fantastic environment!!!

• Content Count:  74,616
  • Days Won:  424

People weren't turned away ...Hard to judge compared to RayJay because there was more room to spread out last week. What's the capacity of the soccer stadium? .... Maybe 2/3 full.

• Content Count:  74,616
  • Days Won:  424

Stands were 80-85% full... And it was a wide range... Donors and die hards but a ver good number of students also. Fantastic environment!!!

Okay, where was the fantastic environment? I just came at game time and it sure wasn't inside... was this environment there before the game, in the area right outside?

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Decent showing, but crowd was very lifeless, but I think alot of people were studying the players and not really into the cheering and crap. Who cares, we'll be fine once we fill up Ray Jay this year.

I thought the offense looked better after they got in rhythm. BJ was still slinging short passes way too fast/hard. He finally settled in and did some things. His legs look good, and if Holtz still has plays that allow for him to run, he's still the best choice to start.

Eveld throws a nice deep ball and a nice mid field ball, and did great on some screens, but he was getting beat up back there.

I didn't see enough of Floyd. I like where his head's at but he needs some training and work on his deep ball and such.

Scott and Aycock will definitely contribute this year. Hopkins is Jeff Demps in disguise, if we can get him the ball. Saw some contributions by Welch and Marc as well. Mitchell was contributing in receiving and is shaky/fast as well, but he needs to work on his fair catches...ALOT.

Defense is going to be solid. Joyce is going to be a great safety. Corners are okay.

This may be our best pass rush ever. Giddins, Forte, Davis, Grissom, and others were burying QBs like potted plants all day long. But means bad news for the O-line :\

Kloss was doing okay kicking. Bonani missed an easy one early on i think.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Decent showing, but crowd was very lifeless, but I think alot of people were studying the players and not really into the cheering and crap. Who cares, we'll be fine once we fill up Ray Jay this year.

I thought the offense looked better after they got in rhythm. BJ was still slinging short passes way too fast/hard. He finally settled in and did some things. His legs look good, and if Holtz still has plays that allow for him to run, he's still the best choice to start.

Eveld throws a nice deep ball and a nice mid field ball, and did great on some screens, but he was getting beat up back there.

I didn't see enough of Floyd. I like where his head's at but he needs some training and work on his deep ball and such.

Scott and Aycock will definitely contribute this year. Hopkins is Jeff Demps in disguise, if we can get him the ball. Saw some contributions by Welch and Marc as well. Mitchell was contributing in receiving and is shaky/fast as well, but he needs to work on his fair catches...ALOT.

Defense is going to be solid. Joyce is going to be a great safety. Corners are okay.

This may be our best pass rush ever. Giddins, Forte, Davis, Grissom, and others were burying QBs like potted plants all day long. But means bad news for the O-line :\

Kloss was doing okay kicking. Bonani missed an easy one early on i think.

That was Kloss that missed the early easy one.  Bonani missed a 45 yarder late that had PLENTY of leg but died late because the wind picked up suddenly.

Eveld was short on most of his deep balls.  He has great touch though (especially 10-15 yards) and he completed a 50 yarder that the receiver basically wrestled away from the DB.  I feel comfortable with him as my backup, but not as a starter.  Floyd will be a good one, he has that moxie.  Hopefully we get to redshirt him this year.  He needs some seasoning.  I like him though. 

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

It's another offensive failure. BJ and Bobby are playing bad

You say BJ looked bad, I say he was 4 drops from Shields and Griffin from looking spectacular.

Either way he engineered 3 scoring drives (17 points) on a great defense in the first half. I'll take 17 points in a half all day every day.

Scott is a straight beast.

I would certainly hope our starting QB and starting offense could engineer a few scoring drives against the 2nd team D...

Shields dropped 2. BJ and Bobby both missed wide open receivers the entire game. Unimpressive.

• Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Okay, where was the fantastic environment? I just came at game time and it sure wasn't inside... was this environment there before the game, in the area right outside?

Actually other than to grab 3 free waters on my way in I spent the whole time in the stands. You're entitled to your opinion. I was able to enjoy the atmosphere with other bulls fans and noticed that the students were actually paying attention. Yes... there wasn't yelling or screaming... but at the same time game didn't call for it. It was a scrimmage, people approached it that way. What I meant by fantastic environment was that people were paying attention and watching the game itself... it wasn't a social hour.

I hope our D is just that good.

BJ looks quick again tho.

he progressed through the game but i was still wanting to see more.

our linemen need to help our the QBs, tons of rpessure today on both BJ and Eveld

Archived