• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sean Price, TE, North Marion HS Citra, Florida

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

It's on insidetheu, which is the website that Chris Stock (former Scout-UM guy) started.  It was affiliated with ESPN and has jumped over to 247.

Need a link, HM, especially now to show it's not premium content,  ...

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Sean apparently had a great day in ORL. He made a 1 handed grab for TD and was dominant from all I heard.

ChadSimmons_ Chad Simmons

Southeast defeats West 25-19. My MVP is Sean Price.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

MichaelWarchant Michael Langston

by RivalsCNee

After the late heroics from Nelson Agholor he gives praise to #USF commit Sean Price calling him the best TE he's seen.

26 minutes ago

ThaRinger TheRinger

Camp/7on monster -- our #1 TE since October '10 RT @ScoutKennedy: #usf commit Sean Price has continued to impress all summer.

49 minutes ago

TomLuginbill Tom Luginbill

TE Sean Price continues to getter bigger, yet remain athletic. #espnu, #gridironkings

2 hours ago

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Can we keep him?

I think he made a very informed decision in committing  to USF. I think he really clicked with Skip and staff. I think his commitment sticks. I believe that he is a principled young man, who grew up in a principled house who believes that a commitment means just that. I sure hope so, because he is obviously a young man who possesses a lot of skills and is continuing to grow. I would love to see this guy become the first big time draftee at TE for USF.

Gridiron Kings: Day 1

JC Shurburtt

44 minutes ago

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla.- The first day of the Gridiron Kings all-star 7-on-7 event at the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex featured multiple individual standouts. Here’s a look at the best performers on the first day.

Sean Price

The South Florida commit has had a huge summer and these types of events set up well for him. Like he did at “The Opening†in Portland, Ore., earlier this month and at several other 7-on-7 events, Price was dominant, making tough catch after tough catch. The other important thing to remember about Price- he’s gained 15 pounds of good weight since the spring, which makes his size/athleticism combination more elite.

http://247sports.com/Article/Gridiron-Kings-Day-1--32454

Love the sound of this.

Sean Price stays true to USF

Schools, prospects still targeting big TE, but he's intent on following own path

Email

Print

Long By Corey Long

ESPN Recruiting

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Schools keep pushing on four-star tight end Sean Price (Citra, Fla./North Marion).

But the 6-foot-3, 230-pounder isn't budging.

"I hear from Arkansas, Tennessee and Miami primarily," Price said. "Those are the three that call me quite often."

And while Price admits to taking the phone calls he also says he's firmly committed to USF.

"I am very happy with my choice and I'm looking forward to going to USF," Price said. "You have to stay alert to each situation in case something changes, but I think I've found the right program for me."

Gridiron Kings

Courtesy of Miller SafritLatroy Pittman (right) says high school teammate Sean Price could play anywhere but has earned the right to make his own path at USF.

That hasn't stopped other players at Gridiron Kings from trying to recruit Price. Linebacker Keith Brown (Miami/Norland) said he was working Price at "The Opening" earlier this month and is continuing to talk to him.

"I want to play with the best players at Miami," Brown said. "And he's a beast. Of course I want a player like that at The U."

Florida commit Latroy Pittman is Price's teammate at North Marion and one of his best friends. He admits he's disappointed Price won't be joining him in Gainesville but says Price has more than earned the right to go in his own direction.

"I think Sean wants to be in a situation where he's not lost in the shuffle," Pittman said. "And don't get me wrong, he's not afraid to compete against anyone, but he wants to be in a position where he can start and make the maximum impact for his team over a four-year period.

"Florida has a few tight ends on the roster like Jordan Reed and they are bringing in A.C. Leonard this season and they have one committed for 2012 already. That's a lot of bodies to fight with for snaps."

Price is one of three USF commits at Gridiron Kings, along with defensive back Chris Bivins (Gainesville, Fla./Gainesville) and Rayshawn Jenkins (St. Petersburg, Fla./Admiral Farragut). The presence of USF commits at national showcases has helped raised the profile of Skip Holtz's program.

"It shows that USF is recruiting players to try to compete for championships in the Big East and on the national level," Bivins said. "Sean wants to be there, I want to be there, and we want to be there because we believe we can win championships at USF.

"At a certain point you need the right mix of players for a program to raise its level of accomplishments. I think we can be those players."

In many ways the USF program is the perfect fit for Price because he wants to be his own man and can give USF an identity of its own.

"At first people were telling me that I wasn't going to be big enough to be a major prospect at tight end," Price said. "And then when they saw me later they said that I can be the next guy at this school or that school.

"But I want to be the first Sean Price and I want to be a leader and a trendsetter at a young program rather than follow in someone's footsteps at an old program. I want to be the footsteps instead of the follower."

Price played his junior season at a little more than 200 pounds and recorded about 500 receiving yards and seven touchdowns on 22 receptions.

During the offseason Price hit the weights and debuted a 225-pound physique at the Badger Sports 7-on-7 regional tournament in March, where he made a wide array of athletic catches.

The offers came from across the board. Auburn, Maryland, South Carolina, Michigan and Louisville are among the other schools from which Price had to choose.

"He's put in the work and the time," Pittman said. "He's a heck of a football player and he's only going to get better."

Price is also a strong student and was drawn to USF by the opportunities he could have in its sciences and medical programs. He will be working toward an early graduation.

The expectations USF fans have for Price are only surpassed by the expectations he has for himself.

"I plan on winning a national championship at USF and having the opportunity to continue my football career in the NFL," Price said. "And when my football career is finished, I'm going to pursue a career in radiology."

X-rays probably would show a bug in Price's ear. He sounds like he isn't going to listen.

Corey Long has been covering high school football and recruiting in the Sunshine State since 1995. He can be reached at coreyespn@gmail.com.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/6797092/sean-price-sticks-usf-commitment

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Ok... that gave me goose bumps.  ;D They mentioned early graduation... will Price be able to enroll for next spring?

Archived