• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sean Price, TE, North Marion HS Citra, Florida

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

Well this just gets curiouser and curiouser. Miami offers unranked TE Brandon Holifield on Monday and get's a commit. His other offers were FAU and Gardner -Webb.

Guess that was the TE they were waiting for <snort>

You forgot to mention that he also had an offer from Samford.  :lmao

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

Hurricane Mutiny is probably one of the biggest tools I've ever "met" but in this case he's right.

We just sound like buffoons if we're going to claim that we're affecting the recruiting efforts of Miami very much.

yeah, that's right, they were passing on the Number 5 TE in the country. Might have been higher than that when he finished camps a senior year after adding all the muscle. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Don't be asinine.

I'm not saying they didn't want him.

FWIW it's not over.

However, I'm saying that just because we steal a couple of guys they want a year doesn't mean we're viewed as some thorn in Miami's side.

Louisville wanted DeMarcus Smith but UCiF stole him. The gnats now act like, because of him and some others, that UL fans walk around all day hating UCF. Somehow, I doubt that. Just like when Miami offers someone we're pursuing that I doubt many people fear that offer from USF.

It's getting better, but Miami has bigger concerns than us.

Probably had bigger concerns before that game last fall, too.

Clearly, we view that game differently.

I understand the USF viewpoint.  That ONE GAME somehow means you have attained some kind of competitive equality with Miami.

But that was the final, miserable game of a fired coach's tenure.  Most Miami fans don't even care about the USF loss any longer.

Please, let's not forget--Miami has lost one game to FAMU.  I think we've lost twice to East Carolina.  That doesn't mean we are comparable to either of those programs.

Feel free to continue gloating.  It's the spoils that you enjoy after beating a better team.  Golden will set things right again.

Hurricane Mutiny is probably one of the biggest tools I've ever "met" but in this case he's right.

Probably had bigger concerns before that game last fall, too.

Actually we did, and still do. By the tiime the usf game rolled around last year, we knew our head coach was going to be finally fired, and our team couldnt care less about winning or losing a game that didnt affect the outcome of our season at all.

Continue to brag about beating a 7-6 miami team, but it's nothing to brag about. Sure, we would have preferred to win, but in reality it doesnt matter at all. Our season was already way over, and it couldnt help us improve on a better bowl or anything.

The last of our worries is usf, trust me...even if you pull recruits that we're not even interested in.

Yeah, they really didn't care if they beat us. Coach probably went in at halftime and said "let's just lose this one, so we go to a ***** bowl game" . I hope you don't care less this year as well. Supposedly the reason you guys weren't on Price was because you are pursuing Rainey. Well guess what, you'll probably see snow in Miami before you see Rainey. He's solid at USCe.

You can mock, it's your right on this board.  But Rainey does have an offer, it just wasn't yet at TE.  We wanted to see him in a camp, and since then, things have gone south.

Look, in this case, I happen to agree with Rainey.  When you're playing at a little flyspeck like Yulee, a talented kid will be asked to play multiple positions.  He hasn't yet put on the weight that allows him to be seen as a prototypical TE.

I had been told that if Rainey showed out with good TE skills at the camp, he would get the TE offer.  Obviously, that didn't happen.  And it's unfortunate, because I think he would make a good TE.

Instead, the coaches were impressed with a kid who is being converted from a basketball forward.  Now, with all due respect to the Jimmy Graham development, I am a bit nervous, you don't always see lightning strike twice.  The kid we offered has great height, frame, and the speed that Sean Price doesn't have.  Of course, he does lack the experience and pass catching stats that Price has, so it is a risk.  Since we will get the JuCo kid, and we are signing 30, and both Carroll and Golden are TE coaches....I'll grant them this one experiment.

But it is a bit strange. I'm not 100% on-board, but I can see the thought process that they went through.  They seem confident in their ability to coach up a kid into an excellent TE who has very little experience.

And let's face it, it's not the most critical position on the field.  Not many teams have won national championships on the strength of their TEs.  So even if we chalked up an annual "advantage at the TE position goes to USF over UM", we're still going to beat USF in all the remaining contractually-obligated games.

Again, Price is a good pick-up for USF.

We dont even need any TE's in this class. IF we have room for one, we'lll end up with someone just as good. Most likely we wont even take a TE in this class. So stop thinking you've "won this battle." There was no battle. The quote says it all

Didn't Hurricane Mutiny say something to the contrary?

Yeah, I don't even know what this MasterMiami guy is thinking.

You USF guys don't have to like me, but you know I have connections and I know a ton about Miami's program.  We are taking 2 TEs, most likely, a HS senior and a JuCo.

I don't know why we don't "need" a TE.  Golden was a TE, he values TEs, and Carroll is a TE coach.  Blake Ayles was a 1-year guy coming in from USC.  John Calhoun (converted FB) and Chase Ford (JuCo) are both gone after this year.  That leaves 4 guys, only 2 of whom show any spark (Cleveland and Walford).  People who know the Miami program know that Sanders and White are perennial special teamers, if not "asked to transfer elsewhere" guys.

So, yeah, we need 2.  1 guy who has 5 years of eligibility and one who is a JuCo.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

We dont even need any TE's in this class. IF we have room for one, we'lll end up with someone just as good. Most likely we wont even take a TE in this class. So stop thinking you've "won this battle." There was no battle. The quote says it all

You USF guys don't have to like me, but you know I have connections and I know a ton about Miami's program.  We are taking 2 TEs, most likely, a HS senior and a JuCo.

I don't know why we don't "need" a TE.  Golden was a TE, he values TEs, and Carroll is a TE coach.  Blake Ayles was a 1-year guy coming in from USC.  John Calhoun (converted FB) and Chase Ford (JuCo) are both gone after this year.  That leaves 4 guys, only 2 of whom show any spark (Cleveland and Walford).  People who know the Miami program know that Sanders and White are perennial special teamers, if not "asked to transfer elsewhere" guys.

So, yeah, we need 2.  1 guy who has 5 years of eligibility and one who is a JuCo.

You have connections? ROTFL. I guess if you had "connections" YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN THEY WERE GONNA RECRUIT A PROJECT WITH only Div 2. offers!!!!!! I have to give you credit for showing up though Mutiny. I appreciate the fact you are willing to take one for your team. Even if the one you took was an FAU prized prospect. You showed them anyway.

• Content Count:  71

Well this just gets curiouser and curiouser. Miami offers unranked TE Brandon Holifield on Monday and get's a commit. His other offers were FAU and Gardner -Webb.

The person who claims the star system is irrelevant is trying to insult a low-star recruit? Are you that stupid? You're one of the biggest homers I've seen. So ignorant and biased, not even worth responding to you really.

Did you forget to see the 4-star ILB we also got today? Only pick and choose your information? Huge pickup for us.

Either way, sure, Holifield isnt really anything to get excited about I'll agree. I dont even like the pickup, but I dont make the decisions, and I dont know what the staff saw or has planned. But, we really dont need TEs, especially not now. The Juco is a guaranteed lock, and like HurricaneMutiny said, we have 6 on the roster for this season, and 4 for next(2 will only be sophomores). Plus, next recruiting class would be the class we'll bring in two TEs. I'm surprised we're probably taking 2 in this class. Do you really think we'd be dumb enough to offer someone not equipped? Obviously the staff saw something they liked in person.

Are you really that naive of a fan and ignorant that you're going to try to belittle miami over every single small detail like getting a recruit? If we played that game, we'd be on this board everyday brown nosing you, but we dont because in reality a few recruits are not going to matter. USF will win some, we will win some, nbd. The fact you do that really shows how inexperienced and naive you are about college football.

"Oh, we LANDED A BIG RECRUIT TODAY GUYS!!!! OMG OMG" ...oh and he had a miami offer too, must mean we're better than them now. Everyday story of a usf fan.

You SHOULD be keeping Tampa talent in Tampa, why is that something to brag about? USF should have been doing that all along.

How long are you going to over-dwell and gloat on trivial details? Come next summer are you going to still be gloating about price? Does usf really have that little to celebrate?

The person who claims the star system is irrelevant is trying to insult a low-star recruit? Are you that stupid? You're one of the biggest homers I've seen. So ignorant and biased, not even worth responding to you really.

Did you forget to see the 4-star ILB we also got today? Only pick and choose your information? Huge pickup for us.

Either way, sure, Holifield isnt really anything to get excited about I'll agree. I dont even like the pickup, but I dont make the decisions, and I dont know what the staff saw or has planned. But, we really dont need TEs, especially not now. The Juco is a guaranteed lock, and like HurricaneMutiny said, we have 6 on the roster for this season, and 4 for next(2 will only be sophomores). Plus, next recruiting class would be the class we'll bring in two TEs. I'm surprised we're probably taking 2 in this class. Do you really think we'd be dumb enough to offer someone not equipped? Obviously the staff saw something they liked in person.

Are you really that naive of a fan and ignorant that you're going to try to belittle miami over every single small detail like getting a recruit? If we played that game, we'd be on this board everyday brown nosing you, but we dont because in reality a few recruits are not going to matter. USF will win some, we will win some, nbd. The fact you do that really shows how inexperienced and naive you are about college football.

"Oh, we LANDED A BIG RECRUIT TODAY GUYS!!!! OMG OMG" ...oh and he had a miami offer too, must mean we're better than them now. Everyday story of a usf fan.

You SHOULD be keeping Tampa talent in Tampa, why is that something to brag about? USF should have been doing that all along.

How long are you going to over-dwell and gloat on trivial details? Come next summer are you going to still be gloating about price? Does usf really have that little to celebrate?

Boy,that's an awful lot of words, trying to explain why you weren't wrong. Maybe you can get some of those TE's to play CB or something<snicker>. And you may want to take note, I didn't say anything about Hollifield's stars(he doesn't have any), I was merely noting the lofty competition that you had to overcome in order to secure his services. I heard it was down to Gardner-Webb and you guys and he decided he could play sooner at UM. You sure you want to keep doing this?  :ROFLMAO

You have connections? ROTFL. I guess if you had "connections" YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN THEY WERE GONNA RECRUIT A PROJECT WITH only Div 2. offers!!!!!! I have to give you credit for showing up though Mutiny. I appreciate the fact you are willing to take one for your team. Even if the one you took was an FAU prized prospect. You showed them anyway.

Yes, the situation changed.  Golden et al. expected more from Rainey, but then were very impressed by Hollifield.  You can have your fun, but I had friends who were actually at the camp, sending me pictures and text updates all along.

I don't ever claim that I have every piece of information in advance, and that every prediction will come true.  Heck, there are plenty of UM fans who were believeing the hype that this was going to be a "huge weekend" for us.  But then I saw who showed up, and got wind that nearly every kid who was trying to get an offer had not performed well.

But Northrup is a nice pickup.  And our overall class so far DESTROYS your class.  So we've got that going for us, which is nice.

In 30 years of following UM recruiting, we've never had 19 verbals by the end of June.  Amazing.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Yes, the situation changed.  Golden et al. expected more from Rainey, but then were very impressed by Hollifield.  You can have your fun, but I had friends who were actually at the camp, sending me pictures and text updates all along.

I don't ever claim that I have every piece of information in advance, and that every prediction will come true.  Heck, there are plenty of UM fans who were believeing the hype that this was going to be a "huge weekend" for us.  But then I saw who showed up, and got wind that nearly every kid who was trying to get an offer had not performed well.

But Northrup is a nice pickup.  And our overall class so far DESTROYS your class.  So we've got that going for us, which is nice.

In 30 years of following UM recruiting, we've never had 19 verbals by the end of June.  Amazing.

Well considering your Miami and have had the chance to establish yourself as a national program I would hope your out recruiting newcomer USF.

And we only have 14 or less scholarships towards this class so it's safe to presume your team rankings will be much higher.

We just sound like buffoons if we're going to claim that we're affecting the recruiting efforts of Miami very much.

You still thinking Mutiny was right?

Archived