• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Article by Martin Fennelly from the Tampa Tribune....

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  742
  • Days Won:  0

Good article. I would make the players watch the UConn vs OU game before the season and let them set the stage.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

CSH has 3 more years of Leavitt recruits.  He better either:

1) Win it in the next 3 years.

or

2) Get his act together on the recruiting trail.  As of now he ain't cutting it.

• Content Count:  720

CSH has 3 more years of Leavitt recruits.  He better either:

1) Win it in the next 3 years.

or

2) Get his act together on the recruiting trail.  As of now he ain't cutting it.

LOL at a message board poster who thinks he knows more than a HC that has won EVERYWHERE he's coached. I would love to see more stars on the board sure but, I think I'll trust this coaching staff's ability to judge talent.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

How can you say that he isn't cutting it when none of the guys he is currently recruiting have played Division 1 A football?

Some of his class from last season that saw the field played pretty darn well.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I would rather the hacks at rivals rate us as recruiting national champions then for us to actually win anything on the field.

it could have to do with our limited class and the fact that we are loading up on non-skill players.

3 years ago TCU ranked in the 90's. start winning with all those lower ranked recruits and you automatically get ranked better according to rivals. regardless of whether the talent is actually any better.

they don't really evaluate most of these kids. they just rank them based on who they sign with.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I would rather the hacks at rivals rate us as recruiting national champions then for us to actually win anything on the field.

it could have to do with our limited class and the fact that we are loading up on non-skill players.

3 years ago TCU ranked in the 90's. start winning with all those lower ranked recruits and you automatically get ranked better according to rivals. regardless of whether the talent is actually any better.

they don't really evaluate most of these kids. they just rank them based on who they sign with.

Many examples of players switching to USF only to lose a star.

Plenty of time for CSH to get a few big name prospects, Ive heard the guy talk I know we will get a few this year.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Talk about how recruiting doesn't matter as much as you like.  Then why is there is a whole other message board on this site dedicated to it?  Also, I don't recall any team ranked in the 50's and 60's winning any national chanpionships.  AL and AUB and FL don't win it with 2 and 3 star recruits as you seem to want to propose.  We're losing recruiting battles to programs we should not be.  As for players "losing stars" b ecause they signed with us?  Give me a break.  It's not like we're landing kids who were previously 4 and 5 stars and they are getting downgraded to 2.  We're not even coming close to those kids. 

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Talk about how recruiting doesn't matter as much as you like.  Then why is there is a whole other message board on this site dedicated to it?  Also, I don't recall any team ranked in the 50's and 60's winning any national chanpionships.  AL and AUB and FL don't win it with 2 and 3 star recruits as you seem to want to propose.   We're losing recruiting battles to programs we should not be.  As for players "losing stars" b ecause they signed with us?   Give me a break.  It's not like we're landing kids who were previously 4 and 5 stars and they are getting downgraded to 2.  We're not even coming close to those kids. 

who should we recruit?

• Content Count:  187

Beastie, I have two words for you.

Darrell Scott.

Archived