• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Very Clemson crowd

Joe

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know how this could have come as a surprise with all of the excuses and reasons from various fans for weeks before the game.  I think we could have had a good crowd for Orlando or the Outback Bowl but those weren't games we were invited to.  St. Pete Bowl...beneath us...wouldn't have been good either.  I was proud to be in attendance and support my team...AND...in some ways this has been my best bowl experience yet.  (Been to all except Toronto.)  CANNOT WAIT FOR NEXT FOOTBALL SEASON!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,648
  • Days Won:  4

Funny article ragging on Clemson's attendance. Said MCCB official admits that choosing Clemson "Backfired" on them.

http://www.thesunnews.com/2011/01/01/1896804/bowl-officials-choice-of-clemson.html

One of the reasons organizers created this game is because they believed that most years, they could land N.C. State, North Carolina or Clemson, giving them a strong local team that would travel well. It's worked out that way, though it dipped last year when the Tar Heels were here for a second straight year.

When Clemson was available to the Charlotte bowl this year, organizers were delighted. They could have taken North Carolina again, Boston College, Georgia Tech or resurgent Maryland.

They took the Tigers, knowing South Florida wouldn't bring a huge crowd.

"It backfired," a bowl official said.

• Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

I did enjoy Clemson fans....  as they were ******** and moaning on their way out of the stadium.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

There were more Bulls fans then what ESPN showed... from what I was told the cameras only showed the Bulls students which there were only about 30-40... to be fair the same amount of Clemson students showed up.

What the cameras did not show was the 2,000 or so Bulls fans that were behind the Bulls bench, from the endzone to about the 20 yard line.

The fans made a good showing... the Bulls students on the other hand... 20-30 of them out of 40,000 is horrible.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,659
  • Days Won:  424

... the Bulls students on the other hand... 20-30 of them out of 40,000 is horrible.

With the awesome deal they were offered, that was just sad ... I don't get it.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

There were more Bulls fans then what ESPN showed... from what I was told the cameras only showed the Bulls students which there were only about 30-40... to be fair the same amount of Clemson students showed up.

What the cameras did not show was the 2,000 or so Bulls fans that were behind the Bulls bench, from the endzone to about the 20 yard line.

The fans made a good showing... the Bulls students on the other hand... 20-30 of them out of 40,000 is horrible.

I'm watching the replay...ESPN makes it look like we only filled the first few rows of the endzone...

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

The HOT and our USF fans sounded pretty loud on TV. It wouldn't make sense to mic the USF side of things if they don't do the same for Clemson. My hunch is that our folks were just much more into the game despite the fact that Clemson travelled much better.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

... the Bulls students on the other hand... 20-30 of them out of 40,000 is horrible.

There were more than 30-40. They were on both sides of the band.

I would have expected more as well, but maybe they wanted to spend time with their families.

My hunch is that our folks were just much more into the game despite the fact that Clemson travelled much better.

I think our fans were more into it because our team gave us more reasons to ... but honestly, when the Tiger fans did get into it, I was pretty impressed with how loud they actually were compared to the crowd size.

There were more than 30-40. They were on both sides of the band.

I thought to the left of the band, as you faced it, was where staff was located because I recognized a few faces there.

Archived