• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Very Clemson crowd

Joe

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

The school needs to offer some low priced bowl packages for the average fan and  all students.

For example, I stayed my first night at an inexpensive inn for $35. They probably had 100 rooms available. It was about 5 mles from the Omni. USF could have sold out that place with no problem, if it was part of an all inclusive bus package.

I'm sure that they could find some areas to offer lower cost options, but that may not be what people want to do.

Since the Meineke Bowl was within driving distance I knew I could spend a bit more on a hotel since I was going to fly in.

Not sure too many people would like a bus package for that long of a trip.

We just grabbed the cheap place for one night, because we left early so as not to drive up there in the dark. I would have considered a bus trip, but we both smoke.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Why are we talking bad about students not going to a BOWL game. That is not their job. That is the job of the USF fan at large. They should have the funds for these types of events. 3000ish is just not cutting it.

I agree about the USF fan at large but it's obvious we're just not "there" yet .... I just thought the student turnout would have been a lot better based on the fact that they could get a ticket, bus ride, and two nights hotyel for $130, playing a well known BCS team, in a good bowl city.

I remember when I was a student I didn't have $20 to fill my gas tank let alone $130 to go bowling.

I fully understand that everyone couldn't have taken advantage of it but I would have thought more could have ...

The deal was only for SBC members, so the student body at large couldn't really access it. I'm going to encourage a lot of my friends to join, because it was a great deal and a lot of fun

What the USF fans in general lacked in numbers we made up for in noise.

Ah, didn't realize that ..... How many members does the SBC have and what does it cost to join?

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

i saw almost nothing but blue seats on tv.  both teams travel poorly

• Content Count:  1,479

The deal was only for SBC members, so the student body at large couldn't really access it. I'm going to encourage a lot of my friends to join, because it was a great deal and a lot of fun

Ah, didn't realize that ..... How many members does the SBC have and what does it cost to join?

Unless it has changed from when I graduated 2 years ago, $25 to join.

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

Unless it has changed from when I graduated 2 years ago, $25 to join.

Yes, it's still $25. Not sure on how many people are members, Eric may know. I knew a lot more people who wanted to go but were at home (not in Florida), had to work, etc. I think if this wasn't during break a lot more students would have gone.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

But aren't most bowl games during the academic holiday/winter break (e.g. mid-December to Early January)?

I think a lot of people simply chose not to part with the money this year - across the board. The Outback

Bowl would be a prime example of that. Any other year, UF in town...sold out. 

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

There were a couple hundred SBC members a couple years ago, but less than half were very active.

Remember, the $25 included two shirts.

• Content Count:  5,241

It was a 6-6 Clemson team vs. a 7-5 USF team.  And bowl tickets were overpriced (Who's paying $95 for club seats to the car care bowl? 10 suckers err people?)

Also, did anyone see the Orange bowl crowd tonight? Not filled either

Who's paying $95 for club seats to the car care bowl?

<--------------

Archived