• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Very Clemson crowd

Joe

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Who's paying $95 for club seats to the car care bowl?

<--------------

Me too. LOL

They used to have a plush smoking room, but they since outlawed smoking in the entire stadium. Figured I could go in there if it got crazy cold. At least, we were able to move to much better seats than we got from USF.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Who's paying $95 for club seats to the car care bowl?

<--------------

Me too. LOL

They used to have a plush smoking room, but they since outlawed smoking in the entire stadium. Figured I could go in there if it got crazy cold. At least, we were able to move to much better seats than we got from USF.

We did also. But it was kinda accidentally on purpose. I always sign up for the most expensive seats and we usually get the crappiest. This is the first time we signed up for and received the seats signed up for.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Why are we talking bad about students not going to a BOWL game. That is not their job. That is the job of the USF fan at large. They should have the funds for these types of events. 3000ish is just not cutting it.

I agree about the USF fan at large but it's obvious we're just not "there" yet .... I just thought the student turnout would have been a lot better based on the fact that they could get a ticket, bus ride, and two nights hotyel for $130, playing a well known BCS team, in a good bowl city.

I remember when I was a student I didn't have $20 to fill my gas tank let alone $130 to go bowling.

My point is that we have 40,000 students and we only got maybe 50-60 to go bowling against a well known BCS team like Clemson? I don't expect 40K to show up but is 200-400 out of 40,000 to much to expect?

Clemson brought about 100-200 (based on visual observation alone) and they have what like 14,000 max enrollment?

• Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

There were more Bulls fans then what ESPN showed... from what I was told the cameras only showed the Bulls students which there were only about 30-40... to be fair the same amount of Clemson students showed up.

What the cameras did not show was the 2,000 or so Bulls fans that were behind the Bulls bench, from the endzone to about the 20 yard line.

The fans made a good showing... the Bulls students on the other hand... 20-30 of them out of 40,000 is horrible.

I'm watching the replay...ESPN makes it look like we only filled the first few rows of the endzone...

I was in row 6 of 124 (on the Bulls sideline) and know that I was on ESPN atleast ten times.  (lots of text messages)

In the stadium's video feed to the jumotron I know I was on there 5 or 6 times, including once when I won a backpack for their trivia thing.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Clemson brought about 100-200 (based on visual observation alone) and they have what like 14,000 max enrollment?

I read in the game program that their max enrollment is 19,000.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The Outback Bowl didn't sell out because upper corner seats were almost $100 a piece...

Our original plan was to fly to Charlotte catch a ride home after the game with some friends and go to the Outback Bowl with my family on the first. I wasn't paying 93 bucks or whatever for ****** seats.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

The Outback Bowl didn't sell out because upper corner seats were almost $100 a piece...

Our original plan was to fly to Charlotte catch a ride home after the game with some friends and go to the Outback Bowl with my family on the first. I wasn't paying 93 bucks or whatever for ****** seats.

Face price was $93 for 3rd level corners?? .... Are they usually in that price range?

• Content Count:  270
  • Days Won:  0

I sat in the main USF section that seemed to be between the 25 and the corner of the end zone.  We had that section fairly well filled all the way up to the top of the lower level.  I was just shocked to see virtually the entire upper deck empty.

Archived