• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How are ticket sales for the MCCB looking?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Just have to win more next year. Start dominating next season and those bandwagon fools will be packing the stadium. Sucks that Tampa has so many bandwagon fans transplants, but it is what it is.

Fixed it for you  ;)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

There still time and we will probably sell 4k or so, which is not great. BUT as I stated in another thread our AD needs to get more creative in encouraging Bowl tickets sales. How about those that buy bowl tix are first up for tickets for the ND game? Or how about a $25 dollar voucher to be used to buy season tickets?

One thing that Cinci has done that has helped increase their season tix sales over the last few years is that Cinci offers a $50 Bowl Tix Credit (just in case the bowl tix cost more than $50) for EVERY Season Tix Sold!!!

From link below of their program that I believe has continued:

For 2007, a $50 bowl ticket allowance will be included in the base season ticket price, which would cover the full cost of a non-BCS bowl ticket.  In the event that UC advances to one of the BCS games, the difference between the cost of a BCS game ticket and the $50 bowl ticket value per ticket would be billed at a later date to the patron.  A special bowl ticket certificate will be mailed with your 2007 season ticket order stating the dollar amount of your bowl ticket credit and the dollars can be used towards this ticket purchase.  In the unlikely event of UC not going to a bowl game, the $50 value per ticket would be credited to the patron's season ticket purchase for the following year. 

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/07-season-tix-thomas-letter.html

This also helped Cinci back  in 2007 announce that they sold approx 9.000 bowl tix on Day 1 of their PapaJohn Tix Sales...as that was the number of season tix seats that qualified for the $50 bowl credit.

I wish UCF would do the same...as both UCF and USF need help in getting people to purchase season tix during this tough economy, and maybe offering them a $50 bowl credit would be another creative way to increase season tix sales but also get your bowl tix sales off to a very good start.

• Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Cincy was pretty smart for marketing the tickets that way. Also, it has really helped Cincy that they were doing so well with Brian Kelly as the coach. Winning the BIG EAST helped get that bandwagon going for Cincy.  I expect the same thing will happen if USF starts winning more next season.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/17/1977227/golden-panthers-struggling-to.html

it could be much worse-- FIU hasn't even sold 1000 tickets to their first ever bowl game.

granted it is in Detroit.

• Content Count:  7,693

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/17/1977227/golden-panthers-struggling-to.html

it could be much worse-- FIU hasn't even sold 1000 tickets to their first ever bowl game.

Can't blame them... If I can't drive to a game or take a train I ain't going. I refuse to fly as long as they have those scanners.

• Content Count:  1,241

Can't blame them... If I can't drive to a game or take a train I ain't going. I refuse to fly as long as they have those scanners.

Oh please. What a lame excuse. I fly 3 times a month, i get scanned every other week. Its no big deal at all. Its a completely harmless amount of radiation and if you really think a TSA worker is getting off staring at an x-ray of your junk you are living in a different world.

Youre just making excuses for why you wont go.

• Content Count:  5,241

Until it becomes the robocop bowl, no one wants to go to a bowl game in Detroit

• Content Count:  2,114

Wish we get a lot more tickets sold. Would like to have a team that traveled well in terms of fan turnout.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Until it becomes the robocop bowl, no one wants to go to a bowl game in Detroit

http://news.fiu.edu/2010/12/fiu-is-bowl-bound-you-in/

...We are arranging travel packages to make your travel to Detroit safe, affordable and unforgettable.

Which means that instead of actually having to purchase a firearm prior, loaners will be provided with the caveat that they

are returned upon leaving the city limits.

Seriously, to go from Florida in winter to Detroit...I'm thinking it should be the reverse. But...bowls is bidness, so.....

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Wish we get a lot more tickets sold. Would like to have a team that traveled well in terms of fan turnout.

We had twice as many fans at the MCCB in 2005. I had a great time there and am looking forward to going back again this year.

Perhaps, USF should have tried to put together some cheaper packages for the average fan. For example, USF could provide round trip bus transportaiton and an economy hotel at a very affordable price. The first night I'm staying at a hotel for just $36, before moving to a better hotel for a couple of days near the stadium which costs about $100. USF will be on the hook for hundreds of thousands of dollars for unsold bowl tickets, so they might as well market some inexpensive packages to sell many more tickets.

Archived