• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How are ticket sales for the MCCB looking?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I've only heard an unofficial, "We're not doing as well as 2005."

I think that is to be expected

Then that means USK will be losing a boatload of money.

9000 tickets X $75 a pop = $675000 check to MCCB + whatever tickets are free for student's and support staff  :o

Where did the $75 number come from? My tix were only $40.

Three prices level ($95, $75, and $40). You'd have to assume the majority of the block of seats is at the 2 highest price points.

Just a little research  ::)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

maybe a rich guy will buy them up

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

When is the last day to buy tickets from the school?  Debating between a trip to Europe with Pops or a trip to the game w/ the g/f.  Killing me.

To me the choice would be easy.  I like my dad and have never been to Europe. 

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

i hope we don't end up losing money.  how much do we need to sell?  is there a figure in terms of dollars?

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

maybe a rich guy will buy them up

did you just volunteer?!  ;)

i hope we don't end up losing money.  how much do we need to sell?  is there a figure in terms of dollars?

We wont lose money, but we'll probably only end up a couple hundred thousand over the gross income from the bowl.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

We wont lose money, but we'll probably only end up a couple hundred thousand over the gross income from the bowl.

it's almost a given we will lose money. most schools lose money going to bowl games. WVU lost almost $1M when they went to the fiesta bowl. The "payout" amounts are a joke. they don't come anywhere close to that with ticket buybacks. the only ones to make money are the bowl directors who get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to put on the bowl.

just think of the costs for travel alone. 100+ players, coaches + families, school administration, cheerleaders, band, top boosters. think airfare of say $250 each. now consider how many hotel rooms they will need and for how many nights. they don't stay at the motel 6 either. rental cars. food.

the food tab alone for the players in vero was like $100k.

it's almost a given we will lose money...

We wont lose money.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

We wont lose money.

wanna bet?

maybe the BE gives us enough to cover expenses but the BE will not get paid enough by the bowl to cover our expenses.

We wont lose money.

wanna bet?

maybe the BE gives us enough to cover expenses but the BE will not get paid enough by the bowl to cover our expenses.

From Skip Holtz's first season with USF Bulls finds success with few scores - By Greg Auman - Dec 8 2010

BIG BILL: One difference between the Meineke Car Care Bowl and USF's last two bowls is a higher expectation of ticket sales. Teams in Charlotte are obligated to buy 12,500 tickets each, as opposed to 10,000 for recent bowls in Toronto and St. Petersburg.

When USF made its first bowl appearance in Charlotte in 2005, the Bulls sold about 6,100 tickets — they'll be fortunate to sell that many this year — and still had to spend $380,000 on unsold tickets, the single largest bowl expense that season and just short of the combined cost of travel, lodging and food for USF's entire athletic department travel party.

USF will get a check for $1.1 million from the Big East as its bowl payout, as well as a smaller payment to defray travel costs, expected to be between $100,000 and $200,000.

I'm going to just assume we'll sell around the same number of tickets, although we likely wont.  It shouldn't be off by too many.

USF Expenses:

- Tickets: $380,000

- travel expenses: ~$400,000 [Guesstimate of the just short the combined... statement above]

Total expenses: ~$780,000

Total Revenues: ~$1,200,000

We're still going to make money, just not a ton.

Archived