• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2 best jobs open

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,286
  • Days Won:  10

Congratulations for just figuring that out ;D

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I think I'd rather coach at Florida State than Miami.

That's why I haven't sent my resume to Coral Gables yet. I'm faxing it to Gainesville as we speak, though.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Pitt is a pretty attractive job that is open, now. 

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Pitt's more attractive than Miami

• Content Count:  138
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, I always turn down Miami in NCAA Football, just don't have the facilities. SEC, amazing athletic dept... UF is head and shoulders above any other opening this year.

• Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

UF is a top job. Miami isn't. The facilities are sub-par and the fan base is extremely fair weather. Potential coaches aren't too excited about their stadium situation either.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Miami has good recruiting inroads, and that's about it. (Possibly able to hang hat on rich "tradition" of the last 30 years I guess)

Otherwise:

-**** facilities

-off campus stadium (NFL stadiums aren't recruiting tools once these kids learn that alot of college stadiums are bigger than NFL stadiums)

-less than stellar fanbase that has super high expectations and is bandwagon as all get out

-path to championships much harder with Virginia Tech perennially good team; FSU on the rise

Miami can try and throw money at someone, but I think their time has come and gone to be honest. They flourished in the 80s by hitting the jackpot in an untapped market, and using the city's residents themselves to unite for a good team (plus the Dolphins sucked at the time [and kinda still do]). Once 50 other teams got their hand into the Miami talent pool, it got diluted. Miami could still win some championships, and weren't really far from it at some points, but the whole swagger thing they had going may never be replicated again. And if it were, it might be short-lived.

At least Florida has the backing of a great student body, an on campus stadium (big, but nothing special), great facilities, and money out the wazoo. Miami is going to end up with a mid major coach like Kevin Sumlin or something - they say they have alot of money, but I don't think people are that interested in the challenge that is Miami nowadays.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

i agree with brian, pitt is probably a much better deal than either of these teams

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

i agree with brian, pitt is probably a much better deal than either of these teams

pitt has nver won big east

great job

Archived