• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Syracuse to New Era Pinstripe Bowl

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

While I knew we basically had no shot at that bowl I was still hoping! I think it would have been awesome to play there. That plus New York @ New Year's!!

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Probably the least surprising news we'll hear on bowl invites. 

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

While I knew we basically had no shot at that bowl I was still hoping! I think it would have been awesome to play there. That plus New York @ New Year's!!

Plus, we don't get to keep our streak alive for consecutive bowl games at AL East ballparks.

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

Syracuse is going right where we all expected them to go. 

Maryland and Notre Dame have both finished their seasons.  It would seem if the Champs Sports Bowl selection committee were ready to extend an offer to either or both of them, they would have done so already.  I bet they're waiting to see how we do against UConn. 

Beat UConn and we're bowling in Orlando. 

• Content Count:  444
  • Days Won:  0

Syracuse is going right where we all expected them to go. 

Maryland and Notre Dame have both finished their seasons.  It would seem if the Champs Sports Bowl selection committee were ready to extend an offer to either or both of them, they would have done so already.  I bet they're waiting to see how we do against UConn. 

Beat UConn and we're bowling in Orlando. 

no doubt, they are waiting for the outcome of uconn/usf, but its probably because they want wvu if we lose.

• Content Count:  17,498
  • Days Won:  13

Plus, we don't get to keep our streak alive for consecutive bowl games at AL East ballparks.

Dont worry we will be in an AL East park

• Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

Not likely we'll be in St. Pete, even if we lose. Louisville's probably going there, with us to Birmingham.

I don't know why Champs hasn't made an offer to ND. Odd, really. Maybe they are considering making an offer to us, or as someone said, going for WV if we lose and ND if we win--and us in neither event. If I were them, that's what I'd do--WV travels very well and will sell lots of tickets and that would let them save ND for another year. Or, they get "America's Team" in ND this year. 

• Content Count:  7,651
  • Days Won:  6

Now that's funny.

• Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I don't know why Meineke passes on Syracuse. Didn't they have the second pick? Unless they are hoping for WVa, Syracuse would bring more fans than USF or UConn. So with that being said, If we beat UConn and Cincy Beats Pitt we will go to Meineke. I still don't think Champs is in the picture but you folks seem to think it's a possibility so I'll go with that.

Archived