• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

0-4 this season when scoring 14 points or less

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

You arent going to win many games with less than 14 points....the offense blows this year most of them at WR shouldn't even be

on a bcs team,

Hope to see Skip get things turned around on offense.

• Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

1-4 when having a negative turnover ratio (Rutgers was the lone win)

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Also, 1-4 when Daniels throws 20 or more passes (the only win was Stony Brook), and 5-0 when Daniels throws fewer than 20 passes.

Obviously this team can only win when it can move the ball on the ground and/or create scoring opportunities with the special teams. Poor running game (Mitchell's run notwithstanding) and a penalty calling back the only big special teams play of the game equals a loss to Pitt.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

You will find MOST teams suck when scoring less than 14.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I'm a little baffled as to why we gave up on running Plancher so early. He was running hard and with great determination. He was picking up 5 and 6 yards a pop then after the first drive of the 3rd quarter I don't remember him touching the ball. Why woul you go away from that gameplan?  Was he hurt? I say run the guy 30 times or until they stop him. Some of the personnel packages were interesting too.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

I'm a little baffled as to why we gave up on running Plancher so early. He was running hard and with great determination. He was picking up 5 and 6 yards a pop then after the first drive of the 3rd quarter I don't remember him touching the ball. Why woul you go away from that gameplan?  Was he hurt? I say run the guy 30 times or until they stop him. Some of the personnel packages were interesting too.

Haven't read the paper yet but he had to have been hurt ... as punishing as he was running, I wouldn't be surprised. They weren't easy yards.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Also, 1-4 when Daniels throws 20 or more passes (the only win was Stony Brook), and 5-0 when Daniels throws fewer than 20 passes.

Obviously this team can only win when it can move the ball on the ground and/or create scoring opportunities with the special teams. Poor running game (Mitchell's run notwithstanding) and a penalty calling back the only big special teams play of the game equals a loss to Pitt.

Mo averaged 5.2 yards per carry. better than both lewis and graham for them. he had 9 carries less than lewis.

BJ had 29 pass attempts(not including sacks).

Tino had 16 attempts.

no reason to pass that much in a 1 score game. I don't understand why Mo wasn't in there in the 2nd half either. he was standing near the coaches on the sideline in the 2nd half so it seemed like he was able and wanted to get back in there.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Mo averaged 5.2 yards per carry. better than both lewis and graham for them. he had 9 carries less than lewis.

Yeah but for some reason he disappeared at half time. USF had no running attack in the second half, and there's no telling if Plancher would have maintained that average had he been the primary back for the whole game anyway.

Plancher did play in the second half.

Tino had 16 attempts.

no reason to pass that much in a 1 score game. I don't understand why Mo wasn't in there in the 2nd half either. he was standing near the coaches on the sideline in the 2nd half so it seemed like he was able and wanted to get back in there.

I think they were passing so much because Pitt was stuffing USF's running game. USF had only four runs of more than six yards for the whole game, and after their first drive of the second half, Bulls players not named Mitchell averaged just two yards per carry. Without a better passing attack, the running game has to produce more big plays if the team is going to move the ball. The running game USF had would have been enough if there were any big-play threats at receiver, but there are none.

Also, if you take away Mitchell's big run, USF averaged exactly three yards per carry for the game. That's not good enough.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Yeah but for some reason he disappeared at half time. USF had no running attack in the second half, and there's no telling if Plancher would have maintained that average had he been the primary back for the whole game anyway.

Plancher did play in the second half.

Tino had 16 attempts.

I think they were passing so much because Pitt was stuffing USF's running game. USF had only four runs of more than six yards for the whole game, and after their first drive of the second half, Bulls players not named Mitchell averaged just two yards per carry. Without a better passing attack, the running game has to produce more big plays if the team is going to move the ball. The running game USF had would have been enough if there were any big-play threats at receiver, but there are none.

Also, if you take away Mitchell's big run, USF averaged exactly three yards per carry for the game. That's not good enough.

Mo had 2 carries for 16 yards in the 2nd half. I saw where he injured his shoulder so i understand why he was out but you still need to run the ball even if it's not effective. I have said all year that the only we will win is to win ugly. running the ball, win field position battle and good defense. low scoring games. we don't have a high powered offense.

our special teams were atrocious. from the opening kick that went out of bounds to the terrible punting and a fair catch at the 2. not to mention a kick return that was called back and was essentially a 63 yard penalty.

they had just as much trouble running the ball. you can't take away an effective run play and then say we shouldn't do it because we weren't successful. especially in a close ugly game. they all count. take away lewis' 22 yard run and they don't score and we are tied. see how that works. he also had a 19 yard run. take out those 2 and his 4.8 ypc drops precipitously. the fact is we averaged more yards per carry than they did.

in a close ugly game like that we shouldn't be passing the ball 29 times. it doesn't give us the best chance to win.

Archived