• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ok, so Pitt lost, BUT lets see how the Bulls do against Louisville !!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

Let's just suffice it to say that USF making a BCS bowl this year would not bring joy to any BCS bowl committees ...  8-)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i will wait until tomorrows game

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Given Nebraska's recent downturn I think their fans would turn out huge for any BCS game.  45K+ for just their fans.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

As much as I'd love to win the Big East, I'd hate to get shellacked in a BCS game.

I fully agree with this sentiment!

HOWEVER, I think if USF wins the conference they would be a solid pick for the Orange Bowl. A Va Tech v USF match up would be a pretty good one.

That sounds good but would the Orange Bowl really select USF over say Wisconsin?!? I mean we are bringing 25,000 to 30,000 fans to our home games.....Wisconsin has a LARGE traveling fanbase and BIG name recognition. They could possibly bring as many fans to Miami as we would and could probably supply better ratings. Just sayin.

But would a fiesta bowl want to pick a smaller school from Tampa to go out to Tempe against a team like Nebraska? That would struggle to fill up. And NO way USF would be anywhere close to selling that allotment.

Yeah without a Doubt Wisconsin would bring more, but I just can't see USF get picked to go so far.

Whatever though, it doesn't matter to me. Work will be footing the bill for me haha.

I agree, USF to the Fiesta would be far from ideal but they have the LAST pick....they have no say.

The Orange Bowl wouldn't care that the Fiesta would be STUCK with USF. I just don't see a scenario where the BE team does not end up in Arizona. True USF would be of interest to the Orange....I just see better teams being out there that would be more desirable...like Wisconsin.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Let's just suffice it to say that USF making a BCS bowl this year would not bring joy to any BCS bowl committees ...  8-)

I'm pretty sure ANY Big East team making a BCS bowl this year will not bring joy to the bowl committee. It'll be an unranked team that will clearly get its rear handed to it. Likely fewer fans, likely already-decided outcome, likely smaller TV audience.

• Content Count:  471
  • Days Won:  0

Honestly the Big East should decline their BCS invite this year and give it to Boise if they are left out.  Really no Big East team this year deserves a BCS invite.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Honestly the Big East should decline their BCS invite this year and give it to Boise if they are left out.  Really no Big East team this year deserves a BCS invite.

Yeah, that'll happen.  ::)

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Since when is this about what people deserve?  The BCS is not about that.  The prior bowl arrangements were not about that eiither.  Was it fair that a 12-1 UL had to go to the Liberty in 2004?  Did a 5 loss seminole team deserve to play PSU in the Orange Bowl?  

Archived