• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East looks to expand

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I could support Houston or SMU. However, I read somewhere that TCU has no intrest in the BE if another Texas school is included. I guess they look at this the same as we do for UCF.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

Villinova is at least two years away away from being a 1A factor so :

why not add UCF - They have their own stadium

instant rivalry

fill the stadium = $$$$$$$$$$

there is more then enogh recruits to go around in the state of Florida

come guys lets get over the fear factor .  

• Content Count:  3,648
  • Days Won:  4

Villinova is at least two years away away from being a 1A factor so :

why not add UCF - They have their own stadium

instant rivalry

fill the stadium = $$$$$$$$$$

there is more then enogh recruits to go around in the state of Florida

come guys lets get over the fear factor .  

Well based on everything I have heard....UCF is not likely because USF is opposed to it. Seems pretty simple and obvious to me.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Comparing the situation at a 30,000 Flagship public institute like UConn is exactly like Nova...come on people do you really think Nova has the capital to make the jump and be successful quickly? That's why they haven't to date. They don't have the funds.

It will be TCU and Houston, but I've heard TCU is saying no...

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Yeah, I think Villanova has a really really small enrollment, although they likely have some alumni with deep pockets, but who knows if those pockets will empty for football.

And I'm not sure if one vote (USF) would keep UCF out. I don't know if anyone really knows how that process works or if ONE school can block another or if it's a majority vote.

The only thing about actually declining UCF is that if they get snatched up by someone else, it could be a huge loss. Regardless of how you feel about UCF's team and fans, it's a cash cow and it's there for the taking. Even a bad UCF team would generate more than four times the attendance of a Villanova squad.

TCU probably does want to compete higher and that's likely why they look at Houston like USF does UCF. They have been playing lights out for years now and not getting the credit, so why would they jump to an AQ league if they jump along with some other schools who will water it down? Reality at this point is that if TCU joins, NO other team available will NOT water it down when compared to TCU - unless the BE manages to pull the surprise and get an existing BCS team to defect - which won't happen.

Hopefully there will be some articles tomorrow about how the meeting went - though I don't hold my breath, the BE is pretty DL on their meetings.

• Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

Invite Temple and Houston (Big Public Universities in Philadelphia and Houston)

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Well based on everything I have heard....UCF is not likely because USF is opposed to it. Seems pretty simple and obvious to me.

I'd be interested to see where you heard that.

Programs like WVU and Pitt would probably say no to UCF because they dropped road games against both programs. I also think a program like Rutgers wouldn't want another school from Florida in the league either.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

yes lets invite teams from the west to the Big EAST. 

There are already teams that are in the midwest

Archived