• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East looks to expand

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Lets just leave the BE and join the Big-12.  Let UCF take our spot in the BE.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  65

Well based on everything I have heard....UCF is not likely because USF is opposed to it. Seems pretty simple and obvious to me.

I'd be interested to see where you heard that.

Programs like WVU and Pitt would probably say no to UCF because they dropped road games against both programs. I also think a program like Rutgers wouldn't want another school from Florida in the league either.

lol, common Flip, you can't be serious... FYI we have our return game with Pitt scheduled for 2012, and these are business men, not school children, sometimes there are extenuating circumstances in buisness that impact existing business contracts. UCF has observed their obligation to these contracts by either rescheduling  these games or paying a pre-determined financial buy-out amount. You must be joking if you think these schools would be against UCF's inclusion if it were in the best interest of their conference's (and by effect their program's) future.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

lol, common Flip, you can't be serious... FYI we have our return game with Pitt scheduled for 2012, and these are business men, not school children, sometimes there are extenuating circumstances in buisness that impact existing business contracts. UCF has observed their obligation to these contracts by either rescheduling  these games or paying a pre-determined financial buy-out amount. You must be joking if you think these schools would be against UCF's inclusion if it were in the best interest of their conference's (and by effect their program's) future.

You'd be foolish to think otherwise.

So you settled with Pitt. How come you didn't mention WVU? You dropped them last minute (same thing FIU did to us) and don't think that they'll forget that if UCF is even up for a vote.

Teams want what is best for them first. Wanting what is best for the Conference comes after that. It's common sense to believe that any Big East school outside of the state of Florida would not want the addition of another Florida program to hurt the recruiting that they do in this state.

Best thing for the league would be to get TCU as soon as possible and give Villanova a handful of years to acclimate themselves to Division 1 A football and then join the league.

• Content Count:  4,642

i agree with flip. get TCU!  why wouldn't we want them?  if you're worried about the stupid name Big EAST then change it to something else.  sheesh!

the people who complain about the name and the teams in the conference are the same people who are mad about Indy being in the AFC SOUTH and the Cowboys being in the NFC EAST!

lame.

Guest nybullsfan

yes lets invite teams from the west to the Big EAST. 

Another pretty well-known DFW team plays in an Eastern conference with teams from NY, DC, and Philly.

So TCU would have natural rivals in RU/SHU/SJU, GT, and Nova.

Just sayin...

Comparing the situation at a 30,000 Flagship public institute like UConn is exactly like Nova...come on people do you really think Nova has the capital to make the jump and be successful quickly? That's why they haven't to date. They don't have the funds.

It will be TCU and Houston, but I've heard TCU is saying no...

link?

• Content Count:  639

USF is terrified of UCF with a Big East tag.  :D I find it funny when this topic comes up and all you guys bring up any team BUT UCF like it has nothing to offer then I'll see people suggest even S. Miss over us  :D, the only objective posts about us come from Dan from Lakeland. USF and UCF don't cross paths that often on where they target recruiting and I don't think that would change drastically if we were in the same conference. But I do think we have some other advantages already in place that bode well for UCF's future in Football and Basketball.

• Content Count:  639

Teams want what is best for them first. Wanting what is best for the Conference comes after that. It's common sense to believe that any Big East school outside of the state of Florida would not want the addition of another Florida program to hurt the recruiting that they do in this state.

I seen most Rutgers/other NE programs say that they want another Florida team b/c they can tell recruits that they are guaranteed to play in Florida once a year instead of every 2 years. That could actually help recruiting for Rutgers, WV, etc

Guest nybullsfan

You'd be foolish to think otherwise.

So you settled with Pitt. How come you didn't mention WVU? You dropped them last minute (same thing FIU did to us) and don't think that they'll forget that if UCF is even up for a vote.

Best thing for the league would be to get TCU as soon as possible and give Villanova a handful of years to acclimate themselves to Division 1 A football and then join the league.

The more I think about it, the more I think UCF will be a first-round invitee.

A few weeks ago, when BYU announced they were going independent, one analyst said on XM that they were going to try to sign long-term contracts with USF and UCF in alternate years so they could travel to (and recruit from) Florida every year.

I think all of the BE Football teams would want the same.

So... That makes TCU, Houston, and UCF in the first round. Nova won't be ready for a long time, so we don't wait for them.

We need a 12th member, I predict Memphis. Fits the profile - big city, good basketball, reasonable football that will get better in a bcs league, good food, easy airport access.

And then we change the name to the Big Metropolitan Football Conference - The Big MF'ers for short

Archived