• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East looks to expand

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Boise State will not be considered.  It is way too difficult to travel to there from any of the current Big East cities.

that's what I was thinking

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

Boise State will not be considered.  It is way too difficult to travel to there from any of the current Big East cities.

How exactly?  They charter a plane just like when they go anywhere else for football.  Boise has an airport that can handle 747s on the runway.  If they were going by bus it'd be one thing.

I think the only place where there could be a problem locally with getting out would be Morgantown.  USF, Cincy, Louisville, Rutgers, Syracuse, Pitt, and UConn all are near large or good sized airports. 

Honestly, Boise State is easier to get to than Morgantown is. 

And I believe the WVU crowd ends up taking a crop duster to Pittsburgh for longer flights.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

i think the issue is amount of time traveled.  you're crossing two time zones when you go to/from Boise, which adds a lot when traveling east, considering these guys have classes, practice, etc.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

And I believe the WVU crowd ends up taking a crop duster to Pittsburgh for longer flights.

Or they just drive to PGH. Morgantown is only like an hour away from the Pitt airport if I'm not mistaken.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Or they just drive to PGH. Morgantown is only like an hour away from the Pitt airport if I'm not mistaken.

It's about 1 1/2 hours from WV campus to Pittsburgh International

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

The two obvious choices if we're just talking making Big East (or a renamed conference) football look a lot more attractive are TCU and Boise State.  Imagine if those two end up facing off in the BCS title game after announcing they're going to the BE or whatever the conference would be called?

If I'm in charge of the conference then those are my targets.  If the basketball school want to split because of this then I let them and go up to 12, possibly adding Houston (if TCU agrees) or even trying to lure schools from other BCS conferences in (probably ACC - Georgia Tech would be a nice prize as would Clemson). 

But TCU and Boise State are where you start.

Tell me you're kidding? They are a great team and all, but this makes absolute zero sense considering their location. TCU is probably as far as we should go when considering teams.

Archived