• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cincinnati Fan Here

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

First, I frequent this board often. It is one of my favorite boards that is non UC related.

I always like to come and give some information on UC and ask some question about USF.

A couple of things about UC:

- We are a completely different team is RB Isaiah Pead. He is a true playmaker. Averaging almost 10 yards a carry verse Oklahoma, Miami OH and Louisville.

- We have two threats on offense at the WR position. Armon Binns had a huge day against Louisville. He is 6'3.5 and has great hands and can jump out of the building. He lacks breakaway speed though. DJ Woods has the most receiving yards, receptions, and TD's on our team. He is our speed receiver.

- O-line is banged up. We gave up TONS of SACKS early in the year. The last three games we made a couple of switches and now have only given up 1 sack verse OU, Miami OH, and Louisville.

- Our D is young and our secondary is banged up. We will start 7-8 sophomores on D.

A couple of key points:

- We are prone to turnover the ball. We don't create too many turnovers.

- We run the ball much more than years past. Our best player IMO is Pead. He should see 20 carries in most games.

As for USF:

- How is your pass rush? Do you guys need to blitz to get pressure or will  your front 4 create pressure like years past?

- I know BJ Daniels is a threat always but who else do you guys have that can move the rock?

- More pass or run oriented team this year?

- I like Skip and was hoping UC would take a good look at him. I like Butch but I was 50/50 with those two honestly. What are you thoughts on him?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Bro-this board is in meltdown mode until we see what "changes" happen...defense is getting better and offense is getting worse....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,700
  • Days Won:  108

First, welcome back.

We've been able to get pretty good pressure on QBs without blitzing much, but they haven't been able to finish, that is, get sacks.

As for moving the rock - not this year, not BJ, not RBs, not WRs.  We'll make your sophomore group look like the 85 Bears.  We haven't scored an offensive TD in the last 2 games.

We're trying to run the ball more this year because BJ's accuracy seems to have disappeared and most of our starting WRs from last year are either gone or hurt.  Have a bunch of guys who switched positions trying to play WR.  Pretty good talent at RB but teams have been stacking the box daring BJ to beat them with his arm.

As for turnovers, we've not forced many.  Not fumbling much, but INTs have been problematic, especially in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half (3 games this year).

You guys should continue your dominance of USF this year even without Kelly at the helm.

You are going to get a bunch of different responses on Skip as coach.  Right now a lot of people are pretty ticked off after losing for the first time to 'Cuse.  I personally think he'll be fine, just not this year.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

First, welcome back.

We've been able to get pretty good pressure on QBs without blitzing much, but they haven't been able to finish, that is, get sacks.

As for moving the rock - not this year, not BJ, not RBs, not WRs.  We'll make your sophomore group look like the 85 Bears.  We haven't scored an offensive TD in the last 2 games.

We're trying to run the ball more this year because BJ's accuracy seems to have disappeared and most of our starting WRs from last year are either gone or hurt.  Have a bunch of guys who switched positions trying to play WR.  Pretty good talent at RB but teams have been stacking the box daring BJ to beat them with his arm.

As for turnovers, we've not forced many.  Not fumbling much, but INTs have been problematic, especially in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half (3 games this year).

You guys should continue your dominance of USF this year even without Kelly at the helm.

You are going to get a bunch of different responses on Skip as coach.  Right now a lot of people are pretty ticked off after losing for the first time to 'Cuse.  I personally think he'll be fine, just not this year.

That pretty much says it all. 

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Here's all Cincinnati fans need to know:

You score 10 - 50% chance to win

You score 13 - 60% chance to win

You score 14 - 70% chance to win

You score 17 - 80% chance to win

You score 21 - 99.99% chance to win

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Enjoy your end of half pick six. Its coming.

• Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for the responses.

I watched USF vs WVU and I really thought USF was every bit as good. BJ made a couple of mistakes but I didn't think they looked that bad. Defense looks legit.

I am a BJ fan. He is young and other teams have to worry about him constantly. Seems a bit immature but that is just being a sophomore forced into the situation. He reminds me a lot of UC QB Collaros.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I watched USF vs WVU and I really thought USF was every bit as good. BJ made a couple of mistakes but I didn't think they looked that bad. Defense looks legit.

I am a BJ fan. He is young and other teams have to worry about him constantly. Seems a bit immature but that is just being a sophomore forced into the situation. He reminds me a lot of UC QB Collaros.

Now you've done it.  Defending BJ on this board lately is going to result in a bruising.  Good luck.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,700
  • Days Won:  108

Now you've done it.  Defending BJ on this board lately is going to result in a bruising.  Good luck.

:ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

I would give a right leg to have Collaros as our QB.

2010: CMP% 63.4    YDS 1455  TD 17  INTS 3

Archived