• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cincinnati Fan Here

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Thanks for the responses.

I watched USF vs WVU and I really thought USF was every bit as good. BJ made a couple of mistakes but I didn't think they looked that bad. Defense looks legit.

I am a BJ fan. He is young and other teams have to worry about him constantly. Seems a bit immature but that is just being a sophomore forced into the situation. He reminds me a lot of UC QB Collaros.

Now you've done it.  Defending BJ on this board lately is going to result in a bruising.  Good luck.

angry-mob2.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

- We are a completely different team is RB Isaiah Pead. He is a true playmaker. Averaging almost 10 yards a carry verse Oklahoma, Miami OH and Louisville.

I like Pead. He's a bruiser, similar to how our Mike Ford was. Breaks tackles, has good vision, sturdy/burly back.

- We have two threats on offense at the WR position. Armon Binns had a huge day against Louisville. He is 6'3.5 and has great hands and can jump out of the building. He lacks breakaway speed though. DJ Woods has the most receiving yards, receptions, and TD's on our team. He is our speed receiver.

Woods is definitely your #1. Sorry to hear about Hazelton, I don't see him getting a 6th year. Binns is good. Guidugli is a good TE, good possession guy for short gains and doesn't go down easily.

- O-line is banged up. We gave up TONS of SACKS early in the year. The last three games we made a couple of switches and now have only given up 1 sack verse OU, Miami OH, and Louisville.

Powell scorched you guys in the 1st half but the D stepped up and shut him down in the 2nd half.

- Our D is young and our secondary is banged up. We will start 7-8 sophomores on D.

Ours is decently young...or inexperienced (whichever adjective you want to use) also. They're going to give up some plays, but having a productive offense helps.

A couple of key points:

- We are prone to turnover the ball. We don't create too many turnovers.

- We run the ball much more than years past. Our best player IMO is Pead. He should see 20 carries in most games.

We create our own turnovers, er, our QB does. Fumbles happen, but no one is too prone to it. You guys should use a heavy dose of Pead on us to control the clock - even though I know UC's scoring drives are usually pretty quick and efficient.

As for USF:

- How is your pass rush? Do you guys need to blitz to get pressure or will  your front 4 create pressure like years past?

Decently good for being a "no-name defense". No big sack threats, but expect to see McClain and Marshall in Collaros' face a few times. Our defense does blitz more than before, but nothing crazy like Rutgers does. No complex schemes just yet.

- I know BJ Daniels is a threat always but who else do you guys have that can move the rock?

Murray would be our guy, but he is still nursing his ankle. Plancher is serviceable, but not a huge threat to break loose. BJ is always a scrambling threat, but it's easy to spy on him and contain him. He actually seems slower this year, IMO. Lamar is shifty, but will go down if you blow on him. Landi doesn't go down easy, but his hands aren't great, but that's also got alot to do with pass accuracy.

- More pass or run oriented team this year? Run.

- I like Skip and was hoping UC would take a good look at him. I like Butch but I was 50/50 with those two honestly. What are you thoughts on him?

It's frustrating to know that this team could be much better with a few adjustments, but seeing regression at the QB spot is killing some people. I think he's a bit stubborn to make drastic changes right now, so if you can survive this year, the long-term benefits will be much better - as in perennially better.

• Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for the responses they are helpful. I agree that BJ seems a smidge slower which is still very fast. I think of him as more quick than fast.

• Content Count:  63

I watched USF vs WVU and I really thought USF was every bit as good. BJ made a couple of mistakes but I didn't think they looked that bad. Defense looks legit.

I am a BJ fan. He is young and other teams have to worry about him constantly. Seems a bit immature but that is just being a sophomore forced into the situation. He reminds me a lot of UC QB Collaros.

I would give a right leg to have Collaros as our QB.

2010: CMP% 63.4    YDS 1455   TD 17   INTS 3

I am not saying I would trade but remember Collaros is a JR and he did reshirt. Add that he has some very good receivers and it will make you look better. He easily could have 5 or 6 INT's this year.

I love Zach but he is still a year away form being a top notch. Still is very good IMO. If BJ had a redshirt and a little bit more weapons I think the results might be closer than you think. I dont watch him every game though.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

And that is the only way we are going to win these games is through our defense. If our offense was half as good as our d, I would argue that we are a 1 loss team right now.

You know how at the beginning of the season everyone plays the cupcakes and it's basically just a big party because the outcome is more or less pre-ordained and everyone is having a good time even the cupcake cause their school just got paid half-a-mil to come and get spanked around for awhile? Well it'll be the same in Cincy except we (USF) aren't getting the half-a-mil

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

- I know BJ Daniels is a threat always but who else do you guys have that can move the rock?

The only threat BJ Daniels poses is to our season interceptions record. 

• Content Count:  809

I am not saying I would trade but remember Collaros is a JR and he did reshirt. Add that he has some very good receivers and it will make you look better. He easily could have 5 or 6 INT's this year.

I love Zach but he is still a year away form being a top notch. Still is very good IMO. If BJ had a redshirt and a little bit more weapons I think the results might be closer than you think. I dont watch him every game though.

BJ has already redshirted and has had plenty of experience.  He could easily throw 5 or 6 INTs on ONE game! 

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

BJ has already redshirted and has had plenty of experience.  He could easily throw 5 or 6 INTs on ONE game! 

How dare you under value BJ like that... if he really tried I'm sure he could toss 10-15 INTs per game.

• Content Count:  2,052

Hey "Pike". Glad to have you back! Like many have said, our O has been enemic or enigmatic (whatever superlative you want to use), this year. BJ is in a system that is not his style and too hard for him to comprehend...thus mistakes, miscues, and befuddlement!. (Not to be confused with Elmer Fudd, but if the shoe fits...?) Don't look for us to be a good representative for the Big East this year. Many changes need to come and our constituants are craving the changes. It is the institution of these changes that we all are fearing... as they have not worked so far. I hope we at least give you a good game Friday.  Fans here are just looking for a mistake free game. This would certainly be a change in the right direction and at least a moral victory!      Reaper

• Content Count:  2,923

I would think that fans of teams on our schedule would love B.J. due to his propensity to throw the ball to the other team and only see half the field.

Archived