• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can we recover and finish 8-4?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,765
  • Days Won:  3

I do not believe we can 'recover and finish 8-4'.

Opponents in the BE can smell blood in the water.

I think Friday will be a loss @ Cinci and assuming we

score an (one, single, one-each) offensive touchdown,

which would snap our current record, I really don't think

our defense can stop Cinci from scoring two.

This is our reconstruction year, so any wins from this

point forward are pleasant surprises.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  728
  • Days Won:  0

It was just a question no need to be so mean :P I still have faith in this team!

• Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

We can.  We have the capability, we just have to execute.  Unfortunately, I'm not super optimistic about it happening, but I haven't given up hope.  We just need to take one game at a time.

We have not been impressive thus far, but I take some comfort in the fact that we are not being dominated in all phases of the game;  we only have a couple problems (though big ones) that prevent us from being competitive. If we can find a way to correct those, we have as good of a shot at any to win each individual game.

Hopefully our team will make a 180 degree mid-season turn like we are accustomed to (though this year we will be happy to see it come)

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

In my opinion, best case is 6-6 and the BOB bowl...but that will take alot of improvment from the offense.

• Content Count:  158
  • Days Won:  1

I'm thinking 7-5. They win three close games and then one upset.

• Content Count:  7,201

The liklihood of USF going 8 - 4 are similar to the odds I will win the Power Ball on either Weds or Fri this week.  Slim, and none....

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I'm an eternal optimist, but not IMO. going 5-1 down the stretch just isn't going to happen. It hurts going into a game (like WVU) knowing that you're probably not gonna win. That you'll have chances, it'll be a close game, but they just won't pull through. We'll have chances in most likely every game left. But until the offense figures itself out, we're gonna need the defense to score some points to pull it off. And I don't see the defense doing that enough to win 5 out of the last 6 games.

• Content Count:  5,591

Maybe instead of a mid-season collapse.. This year we have a mid-season rise!  Instead of the magnificent 6-0 start and subsequent collapse of our team were many call for Grothe's head, it's the other way around!  We start off 3-3, the calling for BJ to be bench has begun, maybe now it's time to rise!

TIME TO BULLIEVE!

;)

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Not sold on the defense that much. WVU is terrible offensively and well we let THAT Florida team go for 400+ on us.

We have a chance to win every game besides Miami. However...Syracuse beat us. At home. For homecoming.

I think 4-2 and we go 7-5

We only have a chance to win every game including Miami if Skip Holtz and Todd Fitch fix our offense; BJ Daniels becomes a consistant QB, thinks under pressure, and only throws to open receivers; and we get our WRs back to health.  Oh yeah, and we only have three days to do so before going into Nippert Stadium against a team that knows how to put up numbers.  Cincinnati is calling out the ring of red for the Friday night game. 

Nothing wrong with being optomistic, but this season has been a real reality check for my enthusiasm.  I guess I had my expectation set too high going into the season seeking a 6th straight bowl game. 

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Cincy's D sucks. If we can commit to running the ball, then we have a shot.

I'd go more along the lines of what Jim has with his 3-3 record adn a St. Pete Bowl trip.

Archived