• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can we recover and finish 8-4?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  728
  • Days Won:  0

I have a strong feeling we can, or at least we have the opportunity to beat Cincy Friday night.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,489
  • Days Won:  13

I have a strong feeling we can, or at least we have the opportunity to beat Cincy Friday night.

Can we begin random drug testing of the posters.

lolz

8-4 would require a 5-1 record in the remaining games... that is a challenge.

Cincinnati -- As good as the Bearcats offense looks, the defense looks bad.  The opposite of USF.  Gonna be a long night in a place where USF has never won.  If USF can get some turnovers, the Bulls can win this game.

Rutgers -- Rutgers has had to come from behind to beat U Conn and Army. Army?  And they lost their Homecoming game against Tulane. Yeah, USF will win this one.

Louisville -- Now some here will think that USF is worse than Louisville.  But that is not true.  USF has problems on offense -- Louisville has problems on both sides of the ball - outside of Bilal Powell.  Thankfully, USF knows how to stop the run fairly well.  The Bulls will manage a two-game winning streak here.

Pittsburgh -- The Bearcats are tough to figure out.  Sometimes they look like a Top 25 team. Other times, they look mediocre at best.  Unfortunately for the Bulls, USF at it's best has only looked mediocre.  The Panthers will win this one.

Miami -- Jacory Harris has the same problem as BJ... too many interceptions.  But the Canes have a better supporting cast.  That will be more than enough against the Bulls.

U Conn -- The Huskies are as enigmatic as the Bulls - perhaps more so.  People were picking U Conn as the sleeper team this year... but they seem to be the sleeping team.  Because the game is in Tampa, I give the Bulls the edge... especially since this could be for win number 6 and a trip to the St Pete Bowl.

So I see 3-3 likely and 4-2 possible.  For USF to get to 8-4, they would have to win a game they shouldn't win.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

8-4 would require a 5-1 record in the remaining games... that is a challenge.

Cincinnati -- As good as the Bearcats offense looks, the defense looks bad.  The opposite of USF.  Gonna be a long night in a place where USF has never won.  If USF can get some turnovers, the Bulls can win this game.

Rutgers -- Rutgers has had to come from behind to beat U Conn and Army. Army?  And they lost their Homecoming game against Tulane. Yeah, USF will win this one.

Louisville -- Now some here will think that USF is worse than Louisville.  But that is not true.  USF has problems on offense -- Louisville has problems on both sides of the ball - outside of Bilal Powell.  Thankfully, USF knows how to stop the run fairly well.  The Bulls will manage a two-game winning streak here.

Pittsburgh -- The Bearcats are tough to figure out.  Sometimes they look like a Top 25 team. Other times, they look mediocre at best.  Unfortunately for the Bulls, USF at it's best has only looked mediocre.  The Panthers will win this one.

Miami -- Jacory Harris has the same problem as BJ... too many interceptions.  But the Canes have a better supporting cast.  That will be more than enough against the Bulls.

U Conn -- The Huskies are as enigmatic as the Bulls - perhaps more so.  People were picking U Conn as the sleeper team this year... but they seem to be the sleeping team.  Because the game is in Tampa, I give the Bulls the edge... especially since this could be for win number 6 and a trip to the St Pete Bowl.

So I see 3-3 likely and 4-2 possible.  For USF to get to 8-4, they would have to win a game they shouldn't win.

3-3 i think... but i believe UL is better than you give them credit for... they are putting up a decent # of points... a lot more than USF can score ;/

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Don't see it and don't expect it.  This team has numerous problems on Offense, poor QB play, lack of big play capability, thin WR corps, and inconsistent play at TE.  This team will most likely go winless in the BE and Holtz biggest concern will be trying to keep the team together through a difficult season.  

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The defense is good enough to keep us in every game. 

I believe there is enough talent on the offense to win 3 more games (rutgers, UL, Uconn). I'm not sold on the coaching staff figuring out how to use the offensive talent we have yet. I'm also not sold on the fact, yet, that Skip has this team to a point where he can motivate them. I haven't seen a lot of passion or energy from the team yet.  If it comes down to the UCONN game will there be anyone in the stands to see the game?  Can he get the team up for the game?  We haven't seen it yet so its hard to know.

I predict 1 more win unless the offense shows some big time improvement this week.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Like the enthusiasm on your part but......, no.

• Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

I dont even think we can.  Much less will we.

Archived