• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

it is easy to blame BJ but...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Brad,

BJ showed he can run last year and he was able to throw in a few games.  Maybe, in those games his primary receiver was open so he didn't have to go through his progressions.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

I think reading the board this morning sets up the perfect scapegoat - BJ Daniels.  I know, I have no idea what I am talking about and need to watch film.  But please, I watch a kid that could run and throw a year ago, unable to do either this year.  I'm in the camp that you have to use what you have.  I think having Daniels be a drop back guy sucks.  I don't think that would have worked for Matt Grothe either.  And his passing was riddled with INTS as we all know.  As many INTs as TDs most years.  Why force Daniels into a role?  Let him run like Grothe did.  Many hail him as the greatest - including himself - how would he have fared being forced into a drop back role in a new offense?  It's just silly pushing this offense.  When it all fails, we will have destroyed a young mans otherwise promising career.  But we'll have someone to blame I guess.

but he doesnt want to run

I think reading the board this morning sets up the perfect scapegoat - BJ Daniels.  I know, I have no idea what I am talking about and need to watch film.  But please, I watch a kid that could run and throw a year ago, unable to do either this year.  I'm in the camp that you have to use what you have.  I think having Daniels be a drop back guy sucks.  I don't think that would have worked for Matt Grothe either.  And his passing was riddled with INTS as we all know.  As many INTs as TDs most years.  Why force Daniels into a role?  Let him run like Grothe did.  Many hail him as the greatest - including himself - how would he have fared being forced into a drop back role in a new offense?  It's just silly pushing this offense.  When it all fails, we will have destroyed a young mans otherwise promising career.  But we'll have someone to blame I guess.

i wouldn't argue with the argument of "not pushing this offense"  if guys weren't so wide open.  Also, he throws to a guy that is covered for the INT.  That pass was the worst to me, partly because i was seated in his sightline and could see the defender standing right in front of the wr.

I'm curious, Brad, going back to the topic, isnt 13 points allowed pretty **** good?  I dont think you can lay any blame on the D

• Content Count:  919

Bulliever, BJ is not any worse this year.  He still can't read a defense, make good decisions, and execute the throws.  When he faced a defense that forced him to do that last year (ie Rutgers), he was exposed.  He is only a Soph, so he deserves some time, but I'm not seeing much progress, and question whether he will get to where he needs to be. 

And while some people are looking for someone to blame, there are a bunch of us who are calling it like we see it.  You may not like it, but BJ was the main reason USF lost yesterday.  I don't like calling the kid out, but it was plain to see.

Bulliever, BJ is not any worse this year.  He still can't read a defense, make good decisions, and execute the throws.  When he faced a defense that forced him to do that last year (ie Rutgers), he was exposed.  He is only a Soph, so he deserves some time, but I'm not seeing much progress, and question whether he will get to where he needs to be. 

And while some people are looking for someone to blame, there are a bunch of us who are calling it like we see it.  You may not like it, but BJ was the main reason USF lost yesterday.  I don't like calling the kid out, but it was plain to see.

well said.

whats odd to me about BJs play is that last year he seemed to miss the open recievers on short and intermediate routes.  yesterday there were long balls he didnt see.  last year he was hitting those receivers in stride.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

So if the kid can't read the offense, why are we repeating the same thing over and over again expecting different results?

All I am saying is BJ is apparently much better with legs and limited tossing.  I'm fine with that.  If he is not the guy, make the change.  But to sit here and skewer a guy that continues to get inserted into the lineup expecting different results is crazy.

I would expect us to make adjustments and move this team forward.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

BJ played bad, but cmon...."he was the reason we lost today"....really?  

I think it is a fair point that the defense could have played better.  Makon could have made the long field goal. 

Or maybe the penalty wouldn't have taken away the prior kick that he did make.  That and the blocked PAT were the difference in points.

Special teams and penalties anyone? 

Plenty of problems to go around.

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

The USF Bulls football TEAM lost yesterday.

• Content Count:  958

Well., on to West Virginia .. ready or not it is what it is . Wouldn't it be nice if we shock the shorts off of them by pulling out a highly unexpected win  ;D   

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

Syrupcuse just did...

Archived