• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

it is easy to blame BJ but...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

Has USF even had a decent kicker since Bill Gramatica? There has to be someone who is moderately consistent in high school in the state of Florida who USF can lure into coming and kicking here.

Maikon missed a 47 yarder yesterday.  Not really that bad, and the extra point was blocked.

What's not bad about missing a field goal and having an extra point blocked? IMO, thats ******* terrible.

Not his fault there was a false start when he nailed the 42 yarder.  Not his fault our line couldn't hold a block on the PAT.

He missed the field goal, correct?

Not Schwartz, not Grothe, not Leavitt, not even BJ.

And he missed the one from 42. It was wide right.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

I would happen to agree with you mike. Everything you said was right on. My whole take is, you can not make someone into something he is not. BJ's style was effective last year. He was utilized for his talents. Holtz in his infinite wisdom, is trying to make BJ into a completely different player. If he wants the results he is expecting, Holtz should have moved Landi into the QB and have BJ @ WR.

The other issue you brought up Mike was the teams' flatness. No inspiration, no fire this year. It seems to be the I feel good, you feel good mentality. The killer instinct is gone. I am tired of this touchy feely mentality. This crap is about as good as Lou Holtzs' denture grip.  Hopefully we will get it corrected and soon.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

For those that think Holtz is trying to make BJ into something he's not:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/holtz-bulls-qb-daniels-not-square-peg

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Also, I don't remember anywhere that said that Holtz wanted BJ to be a pocket passer.  If anyone has a link to that please share it.  From the beginning, Holtz said that the offense was going to be modified to BJs strengths.  A lot of you forget, BJ doesn't like to run and I would be surprised if Holtz has told him not to.

• Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Also, I don't remember anywhere that said that Holtz wanted BJ to be a pocket passer.  If anyone has a link to that please share it.  From the beginning, Holtz said that the offense was going to be modified to bj daniels strengths.  A lot of you forget, BJ doesn't like to run and I would be surprised if Holtz has told him not to.

He said he was trying to make him into a more rounded qb that read the defense and threw the ball first. That kind of contradicts what BJ has been doing, a quick look and or not even look, see a hole and go.

http://envisionsportsmedia.com/sports/recap-of-week-ones-big-east-football-coaches-teleconference/

I happened to ask Coach Holtz in the question-and-answer session (surprised I was the only one on for this conference) how he thought B.J. Daniels was progressing in terms of making reads and allowing his receivers to make plays rather than automatically relying on his feet to move the ball downfield.  Holtz said that Daniels was a phenomenal athlete and he was excited to have the ability to work with the sophomore; at the same time, however, USF’s head coach noted that with the talent came challenges, as he expects Daniels to play within the system provided him, yet at the same time, not hold himself back from taking off downfield when the situation presents itself.  As such, Holtz says that Daniels has room for mental growth, but all-in-all, remains extremely dedicated to learning the Bulls new offensive scheme.  Interesting as well: Holtz stated that Daniels had his best “mental†performance on the field in Friday evenings scrimmage, especially as it related to adjusting to multiple defensive coverages.

Archived