• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Its a new Holtz era!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

pat white didn't have a red shirt sophomore season. looks like he averaged less than 15 passes per game. just around where I think BJ should be.

Pat White averaged 14.9 pass attempts and 13.75 rush attempts per game.

BJ is averaging 21 pass attempts and 10.4 rush attempts per game

It also looks like Pat White had 14 less runs then passes for the entire year.

BJ has 43 more passes than runs this year already. That's over 8 more pass to rushing attempts per game.

that's dumb coaching. if it's obvious to everyone that he is a better runner than passer then why does he have 43 more pass attempts?

I've got a news flash for you. we went 7-5 last year and we lost 6 guys to the NFL. There is no way we were going to be better this year.

Who do we start if you get your wish and BJ is benched?

Care to make another correction Bull94?  I left his 2004 redshirt season off of that list above.

With his splendid performance in his first year at the Mountaineer line-up, White gained hype even before the season began on his redshirt sophomore year. He graced one of the 6 regional covers of the Sports Illustrated issue (08.21.06) along with teammates running back Steve Slaton, and **** Owen Schmitt. He was also one of the 35 players listed on the Walter Camp Football Foundation Player of the Year award watchlist.

http://wikicollegefootball.org/index.php/Pat_White

If you notice, Pat White threw more TD's than interceptions (he didn't put his team in bad positions as often) and his completion percentage is at 65.9% (similar to MG in his sophomore season). 

You somehow want us to believe like you that BJ throwing less is going to correct these glaring problems ::).  Wrong, the fact that he makes these mistakes means the defenses will load the box and hope like hell that BJ has to put the ball in the air (Ahmad Black anyone?).

I've got a news flash for you. we went 7-5 last year and we lost 6 guys to the NFL. There is no way we were going to be better this year.

Here's my news flash right back!  We're much worse over the first five games of this year and that isn't because we had six players taken in the draft.  Holtz was hired to make us a better football team and to avoid the midseason collapse as much as it was to get rid of Leavitt.  Otherwise they would have just put Canales in as HC and saved the school a large sum of money.  The whole purpose of paying coaches large sums of money is to have successful seasons.  Flash in the pan teams cannot sustain the fan base necessary to afford expensive coaches.  You may certainly have expected USF to play like ****..................many on here are like me and will always expect much better than that and especially against our conference doormat at our own HOMECOMING game.  Capiche!

No I think because he is less efficient he should throw less.

you can expect national championships every year. I'm more realistic. we have almost all new coaches,a new system, we lost 6 of our most talented players to the NFL, and we lost 7 of our top 8 receivers off a team that went 7-5. If you think that's a recipe for success then you will be sadly mistaken.

I expected our offense to struggle. it struggled last year and BJ was recruited to run that offense. I'm happy with how our defense is playing and special teams look 100% better. I expected Holtz to tailor offense to Daniels more and I'm somewhat disappointed that he didn't but other than that we are exactly who i thought we were.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

pat white didn't have a red shirt sophomore season. looks like he averaged less than 15 passes per game. just around where I think BJ should be.

BJ has 43 more passes than runs this year already. That's over 8 more pass to rushing attempts per game.

that's dumb coaching. if it's obvious to everyone that he is a better runner than passer then why does he have 43 more pass attempts?

Care to make another correction Bull94?  I left his 2004 redshirt season off of that list above.

With his splendid performance in his first year at the Mountaineer line-up, White gained hype even before the season began on his redshirt sophomore year. He graced one of the 6 regional covers of the Sports Illustrated issue (08.21.06) along with teammates running back Steve Slaton, and **** Owen Schmitt. He was also one of the 35 players listed on the Walter Camp Football Foundation Player of the Year award watchlist.

If you notice, Pat White threw more TD's than interceptions (he didn't put his team in bad positions as often) and his completion percentage is at 65.9% (similar to MG in his sophomore season). 

You somehow want us to believe like you that BJ throwing less is going to correct these glaring problems ::).  Wrong, the fact that he makes these mistakes means the defenses will load the box and hope like hell that BJ has to put the ball in the air (Ahmad Black anyone?).

Here's my news flash right back!  We're much worse over the first five games of this year and that isn't because we had six players taken in the draft.  Holtz was hired to make us a better football team and to avoid the midseason collapse as much as it was to get rid of Leavitt.  Otherwise they would have just put Canales in as HC and saved the school a large sum of money.  The whole purpose of paying coaches large sums of money is to have successful seasons.  Flash in the pan teams cannot sustain the fan base necessary to afford expensive coaches.  You may certainly have expected USF to play like ****..................many on here are like me and will always expect much better than that and especially against our conference doormat at our own HOMECOMING game.  Capiche!

you can expect national championships every year. I'm more realistic. we have almost all new coaches,a new system, we lost 6 of our most talented players to the NFL, and we lost 7 of our top 8 receivers off a team that went 7-5. If you think that's a recipe for success then you will be sadly mistaken.

I expected our offense to struggle. it struggled last year and BJ was recruited to run that offense. I'm happy with how our defense is playing and special teams look 100% better. I expected Holtz to tailor offense to Daniels more and I'm somewhat disappointed that he didn't but other than that we are exactly who i thought we were.

yea our field goal and extra point kicking looks splendid

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

What are people pointing to to say our special teams is so much better?  How many missed fgs?  A missed extra point. Several fumbles on punts early in the season. A critical penalty that took points off the board the other day. Come to think of it, those special teams points are as responsible for losing the game as BJ is. Maybe more directly responsible because we had the points on the board and they came off.

The only thing I am happy about is that our punter is one of the best in the country right now.

• Content Count:  509

yea our field goal and extra point kicking looks splendid

Should have made myself clearer. I was being sarcastic. Our fg kicking has been horrible.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Special teams...

Missed Points - 4

KO Return Points - 6

Net +2

...actually, the missed points should really only be 3, because the special teams set themselves up for the extra point.

Offense still only scored 3 points. If you think that you can blame the special teams and defense because they didn't completely shut out Syracuse, then, I really can't argue any more. The offense was horrible. You want to blame the OL, the OL can't completely block any blitz. Were there missed blocks, sure. BJ has to read the blitz, and get rid of the ball quickly. When he sees it, he should immediately know to look for shorter routes. The OL is not completely to blame. It's funny that you want to run the ball 75% of the time behind this so called swiss cheese of an offensive line that we have. I guess we'll be lucky to get 1.5 ypc.

The problem on Saturday, and against WKU, and against UF was...wait for it... BJ Daniels. Fitch's plays are coming open, the OL is blocking, the WRs have dropped less passes than in years past, the run game is much improved. If you're one of those people who is still trying to figure out the problem, that should give you enough to connect the dots.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

What are people pointing to to say our special teams is so much better?  How many missed fgs?  A missed extra point. Several fumbles on punts early in the season. A critical penalty that took points off the board the other day. Come to think of it, those special teams points are as responsible for losing the game as BJ is. Maybe more directly responsible because we had the points on the board and they came off.

The only thing I am happy about is that our punter is one of the best in the country right now.

Took a few games to realize that Mitchell is going to be the full time PR.

Lamar looks good at KR.

Bonani will be full time kicker and should be.

Punter is good.

Blocked a few punts this year.

Special teams looks better this year so far.

Get a good qb and a few better offensive line and a few more WR and I think we have a decent team.

• Content Count:  228

Overall, Holtz is doing a poor job. What exactly is his system? When he arrived he stated that just a little tinkering of offense was needed and we had plenty of talent.

Now we lose to friggin Syracuse!

Who cares about Special Teams when you lose to Syracuse?

I see little to no positives under this guy. He is doing a poor job.

Also, for all the excitement when he arrived, there were only 30K for Homecoming which is pathetic.

Very Disappointed overall in Skip. I expected so much more!!!!!!!

Flip, Bull Dozer and others, I don't want to hear about fickle fans. Expecting to beat Syracuse and being disappointed when you lose to them is NOT fickle.

• Content Count:  228

This guy is a friggin joke of a coach!

Great job Judy with your witch hunt.

• Content Count:  4,078

This guy is a friggin joke of a coach!

Great job Judy with your witch hunt.

I would have to say at this time that I am a leading critic of the new regime but don't you think your comments are a tad extreme? ???

• Content Count:  6,574

Overall, Holtz is doing a poor job. What exactly is his system? When he arrived he stated that just a little tinkering of offense was needed and we had plenty of talent.

Now we lose to friggin Syracuse!

Who cares about Special Teams when you lose to Syracuse?

I see little to no positives under this guy. He is doing a poor job.

Also, for all the excitement when he arrived, there were only 30K for Homecoming which is pathetic.

Very Disappointed overall in Skip. I expected so much more!!!!!!!

Flip, Bull Dozer and others, I don't want to hear about fickle fans. Expecting to beat Syracuse and being disappointed when you lose to them is NOT fickle.

I keep hearing about Skip and his system and his players.  Someone please correct me if I am wrong.  Gunsby is his player.  He can't start now so what makes Skip's players able to start next year.  Losing to Syracuse is pathetic.  IMHO WVU will beat us by 3TD's. I saw their  comeback against Marshall who had a scoring fest in that game and we are not better than Marshall.

Archived