• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Its a new Holtz era!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

You have think long term, the Bulls are going to take their lumps in the short run, however, I think in the long run, the Bulls will win the BE with Skip.  It takes time.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

Losing all of the receivers didnt help. Between Mitchell, Griffin, Love and Pat Richardson.....and add in Bogan, those are your top 5 receivers, not the crew that they've had to trot out there every week.

• Content Count:  4,501

Ya know I support USF no matter what and alot of folks post positive on the board no matter what but I don't know how some folks can justify their position.  Holtz now has the best two recruiting classes we have ever had as soph and jrs and they are stinking it up.  Which is it - CJL couldn't coach or couldn't recruit ?  You guys act as if they had the same O and D co-ordinator for the last 10 years and this is the first year of change. They haven't even been the same for the last 3 years.  Even Holtz has said this was a good team he got.  

Wait 3 years ?  are you nuts ?  Skip needs to turn this ship around soon or you will really see the recruiting take a bath.

The loss to the Cuse is an embarresment.

BJ misses Carlton Mitchell more then anyone cares to talk about.  At least two of his 6 ints were plays last year were Carlton would have made the play or stopped the int.  BJ needs to realize that or continue to fail.  

Thursday will be the first game I won't be at so maybe it will look different on TV - either way I will be cheering for the Bulls.

Oh - I have always disliked the new "Holtz Era" thing.  It is USF first, last and foremost.

Losing all of the receivers didnt help. Between Mitchell, Griffin, Love and Pat Richardson.....and add in Bogan, those are your top 5 receivers, not the crew that they've had to trot out there every week.

Mitchell is the big loss.

You have think long term, the Bulls are going to take their lumps in the short run, however, I think in the long run, the Bulls will win the BE with Skip.  It takes time.

I hope you are right but I gotta tell ya that so far I have seen nothing that gives me that feeling.  Even our recruiting is not anything to exciting but only time will tell with that part.  I mean do you really feel we are getting more talent ?

Guest Scherdin

I doubt Mitchell is missing BJ...

Holtz is building a program not some quick fix.  Let him develop his systems and get his players in here.  It's obvious the players we have are going through some growing pains...it will take some time.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I hope you are right but I gotta tell ya that so far I have seen nothing that gives me that feeling.  Even our recruiting is not anything to exciting but only time will tell with that part.  I mean do you really feel we are getting more talent ?

he got a couple of decent RBs to transfer in. It seems like the offensive line is a priority. I don't care what rivals says. even bowden said his recruiting suffered big time towards the end. rivals said they were loaded but it didn't translate into wins.

• Content Count:  1,633

Wait 3 years ?  are you nuts ?  Skip needs to turn this ship around soon or you will really see the recruiting take a bath.

Sure about that?

UF under Zook always had good recruits.

Michigan blows and still gets good classes.

Notre Dame hasnt been relevant in about 15 years and they get top classes.

Even Louisville, who has been really bad since Petrino left 4 or 5 years ago has had quality classes.

Sure about that?

UF under Zook always had good recruits.

Michigan blows and still gets good classes.

Notre Dame hasnt been relevant in about 15 years and they get top classes.

Even Louisville, who has been really bad since Petrino left 4 or 5 years ago has had quality classes.

Ahh we are not ND,UF and last I looked Mich was doing pretty well.  Mich is the case of the Coach has his own style offense and wanted to implement that style and he did have all the wrong guys.  Plus even now Rich Rod may be gone if he doesn't beat Ohio St.  i am looking for hope here and aside from special teams I don't see any improvement.  It was not me saying Skip will turn this team around - Skip will bring disipline - Skip will win the BE.  I just feel we have good players but it is not showing on the field yet - soon I hope.  If we continue to lose recruiting will get harder - it is a viscous spiral.

he got a couple of decent RBs to transfer in. It seems like the offensive line is a priority. I don't care what rivals says. even bowden said his recruiting suffered big time towards the end. rivals said they were loaded but it didn't translate into wins.

yea - i thought about that after I posted and Aycock and can't think of the other guy sure could be exciting but I am just getting over the Ford failure so I am tempering my excitment.  beyond that I don't think this was a real strong class.  Yes high ranking recruiting class does not always turn into wins but I think there sure is a strong corelation.  As with all recruiting you won't know until years from now but it is fun to speculate.

Archived