• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do you think our coaches have been holding plays back?

We will have new playes for the first Big East Game  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,349
  • Days Won:  10

I was wondering if our coaches have been holding back plays and trying to focus on fundamentals in the first 4 games.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

I believe yes so I put yes

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I hope so...

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I wouldnt say that they have been holding back...

The coaches are paid to win games, they can't afford to lay off and risk a bad situation a la app state and Michigan.

It's possible that they have developed a smaller gameplan so lesser opponents.

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

This staff, more so than the last staff, seem to adjust our gameplans per opponent.  I don't think our coaches have held back so much as they have adjusted strategies to exploit weaknesses in other teams or to compensate for a weakness on our team. 

I think we will continue to see a run-heavy offense in this game with some option-reads and screens mixed in.  As far as anything new, I'm sure we won't see anything we haven't already seen in our first few games. 

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I think we saw what we will being seeing a lot of in the Florida game. Probably have held back a little, but nothing substantial.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Holtz has said in interviews that each week the coaches give the players a "little more" of the playbook to work with. He said it would be a while before we see the whole offense.....said he has to see in practice if they can handle the new stuff each week.

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, the staff has been hiding BJ Daniels for weeks.  I fully expect them to come out guns blazin and throw the ball 30+ times this week.   ;)

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Yes, the staff has been hiding BJ Daniels for weeks.  I fully expect them to come out guns blazin and throw the ball 30+ times this week.   ;)

Is that a Bold ETesque Prediction?

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Holtz has said in interviews that each week the coaches give the players a "little more" of the playbook to work with. He said it would be a while before we see the whole offense.....said he has to see in practice if they can handle the new stuff each week.

I have heard him say that in the coaches show.  You may recall, they said originally they tried to give them everything, and it was too much in a transition time for the team.  So they have been spoonfeeding them.

Additionally, the opponents did not merit all of our plays and options.  So they used less.  They will add more going forward.  Not to mention our injuries have impacted our passing game.  So there was not much to work with there.  But that is improving day by day, so look for that to change.

Archived