• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do you think our coaches have been holding plays back?

We will have new playes for the first Big East Game  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

Coach Holtz has been holding back his surprise plays that are in his secret playbook that he keeps hidden under the white parka he wears at games.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

They've shown bit and pieces of the play book with each game. I think you'll start to see those players used more in conjunction with one another now.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

They may throw in some wrinkles here and there and may add plays they would expect to work better agains t certain defenses or in certain situations.  I would think all teams do that to some extent, but I highly doubt they have been holding back any significant parts of the offense or holding back playing certain guys as has been suggested on here. 

Guest Scherdin

Definitely...besides UF we've been running a very bland style of offense. 

As stated Holtz and the staff are doing a little bit more at a time, adjusting the game plan during the games with these weaker opponents and also balancing between injuries.  I have to think they are doing more in practice to be ready.

It's similar to the pre-season in the NFL...now the real season starts.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I agree with tau.reanb assessment, however, as IncrediBULL has mentioned the game plan involves using more plays from the playbook as they are mastered through practice, therefore, we will see new plays this week and following weeks.  I don't think anything has been hidden just not employed based on the opponent and mastery of the playbook.

• Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

I think we saw what we will being seeing a lot of in the Florida game. Probably have held back a little, but nothing substantial.

I have to agree with this statement. I just don't know why everyone thinks that we are holding so much back. Practice can only do so much and you don't just want to add a huge wrinkle into a conference game and have it blow up miserably.

Also, I wouldn't call it the coaches holding back as much, more so the offense growing and developing within the system.

I think we'll be going more downfield with BJ having Sterling Griffin and Bogan good to go.

• Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

I do not know one way or the other for sure but if I was to guess I would say, Yes!  And would definitely say we will see some new wrinkles because of the return of WR Griffin .  One thing to note is that we may see Sorrycuse unfold some things also.    ;)

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

interesting thought

i now wonder myself about that

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

No.

We ran a flea flicker against WKU.

Will they call different plays, sure. Have we seen all of the plays, probably not, but I don't think they have been intentionally holding anything back because we're just sooo much better than everyone we have played and we don't want the good teams in our future to know our actual plays.

• Content Count:  12,469
  • Days Won:  25

I voted yes, but agree with Orlando Bull. I think there's a lot of the playbook we haven't seen because there was no need to show it.

I'm sure the passing chapter of the playbook has a few more plays in it now that we're beginning to get a little more healthy. Now, if BJ can just hit our guys and not theirs, we'll be fine.

Archived