• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marcus Shaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

I've been hoping to see more of him as well. I think Skip must be intending to red-shirt him, and is intentionally limiting his number of plays to stay under the limit.

Unless he comes up with an "injury" that boat has sailed

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I've been hoping to see more of him as well. I think Skip must be intending to red-shirt him, and is intentionally limiting his number of plays to stay under the limit.

There isn't really a "limit", once you touch the field you lose any chance to use a redshirt unless you get injured.

Guest nybullsfan

I think I saw him limping back to the line on that very nice run that got called back for a (holding?) penalty...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,584
  • Days Won:  29

Think he'll be averaging 5 carries come Big East play.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I see him and Murray splitting up the carries from here out. Murray will be the work horse of course. Very excited to see what he can do

• Content Count:  4,016

If he's that good, why hide him? That makes no sense. If that were the case, wouldn't we be hiding T-Rex, instead of having him return punts, too? Wouldn't it make more sense to get Shaw game experience before putting him up against league defenses?

It was just silly banter by Justin...he's smarter then that.  It's not about hiding it's about Shaw absorbing enough of the playbook and blocking schemes.  In our new offensive system it will be even more important that the RB is very familiar with the system because they have so many responsibilities.  Shaw's explosive but he has missed holes and a block. 

He'll be getting more time as he gets more familiar and the staff gets more comfortable with him too.

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

I see Mo and Murray splitting up the carries from here out. Mo will be the work horse of course. Very excited to see what he can do

Fixed it for you...

• Content Count:  1,633

I see Mo and Murray splitting up the carries from here out. Mo will be the work horse of course. Very excited to see what he can do

Fixed it for you...

I'm not excited at all to see Mo anymore. He doen't seem to have any explosiveness. I don't think he's broken a big run since his freshman year in 05...

• Content Count:  1,633

What I like about Shaw is that he has the moves of someone like Lamar, but he can absorb hits better. When Lamar gets hit, he looks like he'll end up in the 3rd row. Shaw seems to deliver as much punishment as he takes.

I see that with Murray too, but he doesn't seem to have the breakaway speed that Shaw has.

Hopefully we'll see more of him as we get into the conference schedule. He seems like he has the talent to be a real game changer.

• Content Count:  1,699
  • Days Won:  2

if he doesnt get more carries in the up coming games then i will question why we didnt redshirt him. I mean, there was ample time to get him in last game and we saw battles........To not redshirt someone he needs to see at least 5 carries a game and i would like to give him two complete series....

Archived