• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF verbal Ty Turner

Mama_Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Man, Holtz is off to an unimpressive start to recruiting. Our class is over halfway filled up and do we have a single 4-star?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

they have his name spelled different but he's a two star on scout:

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4269641

His first name is spelled "Tye" according to his FB page.

41378_100001426976025_5061_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001426976025&ref=search

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Man, Holtz is off to an unimpressive start to recruiting. Our class is over halfway filled up and do we have a single 4-star?

Not at the moment.

Max Lang WAS a 4-star on scout, but they lowered him.

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Not just that, about half our class thus far are three stars, the rest lower.

• Content Count:  21,334
  • Days Won:  10

Trust in Holtz.  By the way, a guy will not get a 4 or 5 star unless one of the big schools attempt to recruit him.  Maybe our coaches know something we don't.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Maybe he's using this class to get some serious depth behind some of the potential playmakers on this team. That gives Holtz this year to ingratiate himself to all the big-time coaches in Hillsborough, Polk, and Pinellas counties. I'd start worrying next year, if this crew is unable to pull in some of the more notorious local talent.

I'm not as familiar with the nuances of recruiting as some others on here, but I figured keeping Carl Franks around, even in an administrative role along with Rich Rachels, would have at least helped somewhat in facilitating those connections with local coaches. I wonder what the deal is on that end.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Maybe our coaches know something we don't.

Our coaching staff knows a whole hell of a lot more than we do concerning recruiting

Trust in Holtz.  By the way, a guy will not get a 4 or 5 star unless one of the big schools attempt to recruit him.   Maybe our coaches know something we don't.

Of course they know more than we do.

Do they know more than EVERYONE knows though?

These players are low stars because they're not recruited by the powerhouses. Not all high stars pan out and not all low stars are bums. I'd wager there's a higher 'hit rate' for the high star players though. I don't think Holtz knows something the Big 3 dont. I just think he's not able to get those players for whatever reason (maybe Leavitt couldn't either, not a Holtz diss).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

As I've said on other threads, Boise State has ranked 75th over the last 5 years in recruiting.  So let's assume their coach knows what he needs to make his system work.  I'm willing to assume that our coach knows what he wants in a player.

And as for putting a fence around Hillsborough, weren't a lot of people complaining that Leavitt never brought in players from outside the State.

Let's just all sit back and give the new coach a few years.  If things don't work out, then we can complain about his recruiting.  I like the idea that a recruit will not have to worry about the dreaded Committee that has kept out a few students in the last 2 years.  Seems like more of the recruits actually will qualify.

As I've said on other threads, Boise State has ranked 75th over the last 5 years in recruiting. 

Boise State wouldn't be anything special in a BCS conference.

Their starters can hang with anyone. We've proven ours can as well.

How good is Boise's 2nd string QB or MLB? I bet not very.

Archived