• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF verbal Ty Turner

Mama_Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Few points on Boise:

1. Great 8 you have to credit them for their wins over BCS teams in bowl games as part of your calculation.

Ah yes, you mean their victory over Oklahoma of course because it's literally their only notable win over a BCS opponent in a bowl game in the last decade (they lost to Louisville and Boston College).

1999 Crucial.com Humanitarian Bowl Boise State 34 Louisville 31

2000 Crucial.com Humanitarian Bowl Boise State 38 UTEP 23

2002 Crucial.com Humanitarian Bowl Boise State 34 Iowa State 16

2003 PlainsCapital Fort Worth Bowl Boise State 34 TCU 31

2004 AutoZone Liberty Bowl Louisville 44 Boise State 40

2005 MPC Computers Bowl Boston College 27 Boise State 21

2007 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl Boise State 43 Oklahoma 42

2007 Sheraton Hawaii Bowl East Carolina 41 Boise State 38

2008 San Diego Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl TCU 17 Boise State 16

2010 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl Boise State 17 TCU 10

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I guess if I factor in their bowl games vs. BCS opponents their under .500 for the decade. Golly gee they win all the time against good opponents.

</sarcasm>

I'm sure the Boise State AD and head coach are sitting around wishing that they had USF's past records, BCS appearances and National Ranking.  Oh, you mean they made (and won) a BCS game from a non Qualifier?

AND, I said they could run the BE.  Where did I say anything about a BCS conference  >:D  The Big East ain't the SEC and many people question whether it is deserving of an AQ.

The BE isn't the SEC, but it's not the WAC either. Again, I've proven pretty clearly that against BCS opponents BSU is fairly mediocre. There's no data out there that actually suggests that they'd run the table against even average BCS opponents.

But, that win against VT sure was impressive this year. I can't wait to see JMU vs. BSU in the national title. JMU has just about as difficult of a conference after all.

The Boise State AD is surely a genius for convincing people like you that they're worthy of a #3 ranking when anyone who takes the time to not take their revisionist history can see they're just average (below .500 against BCS teams --  not even "elite" ones). What am I missing here exactly?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,700
  • Days Won:  108

I'm sure the Boise State AD and head coach are sitting around wishing that they had USF's past records, BCS appearances and National Ranking.  Oh, you mean they made (and won) a BCS game from a non Qualifier?

AND, I said they could run the BE.  Where did I say anything about a BCS conference  >:D  The Big East ain't the SEC and many people question whether it is deserving of an AQ.

The BE isn't the SEC, but it's not the WAC either. Again, I've proven pretty clearly that against BCS opponents BSU is fairly mediocre. There's no data out there that actually suggests that they'd run the table against even average BCS opponents.

But, that win against VT sure was impressive this year. I can't wait to see JMU vs. BSU in the national title. JMU has just about as difficult of a conference after all.

The Boise State AD is surely a genius for convincing people like you that they're worthy of a #3 ranking when anyone who takes the time to not take their revisionist history can see they're just average (below .500 against BCS teams --  not even "elite" ones). What am I missing here exactly?

Then maybe we need to steal him and make him our AD. 

I think this whole thread had turned to recruiting and rankings by Scout and Rivals.  I offered up Boise State as a program that doesn't get a lot of 4 and 5 star recruits, rated 75th over the last 5 years, yet plays in BCS games from a non-auto qualifying conference.  The star rankings aren't the end all when it comes to recruiting.  I stand by that.  I would love to be ranked 3rd in the country right now, whether people agree with it or not.

My point has been if we were in the WAC we'd be in the same situation or close to it. We have a history of high profile wins of about the same caliber. And, if we could run through an easy conference schedule we'd go undefeated too. So, you're not really advocating recruiting 2/3 star players you're advocating getting our program into a situation as advatageous as Boise's.

I think I've demonstrated pretty well that thyre fairly mediocre against BCS talent, and that goes in line with their mediocre recruiting rankings actually. Stick them in the BE last year and they lose 2 games which would not send them to a BCS bowl. Assuming an undefeated season ignores their sub .500 record against BCS opponents.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,700
  • Days Won:  108

My point has been if we were in the WAC we'd be in the same situation or close to it. We have a history of high profile wins of about the same caliber. And, if we could run through an easy conference schedule we'd go undefeated too. So, you're not really advocating recruiting 2/3 star players you're advocating getting our program into a situation as advatageous as Boise's.

I think I've demonstrated pretty well that thyre fairly mediocre against BCS talent, and that goes in line with their mediocre recruiting rankings actually. Stick them in the BE last year and they lose 2 games which would not send them to a BCS bowl. Assuming an undefeated season ignores their sub .500 record against BCS opponents.

My only other question would be why haven't we ended up in the Top 25 at the end of a year where they did?  Don't the computers and pollsters take into consideration strength of schedule?  The fact of the matter is they are ranked 3rd in the nation and we aren't.  SOMEONE thinks they are better than USF. 

Not going to convince each other, so let's not  :Bang

Archived