• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Get Love from Aaron Taylor

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Vega is ridiculously sour over USF Football but a huge supporter of USF Basketball (as am I) are you kidding me? I don't recall ever seeing him say "USF is a bad team" to the perennially terrible basketball squad.

Great 8 you have it wrong, I support USF football along with everything else USF related, but I have made it clear that the BE is a mediocre conference in FB and that's a fact. Only the strong matter in CFB and the BE is just in the way as for as I'm concerned.

Great 8 you can't compare FB and Basketball and that especially holds true for USF. The basketball team hasn't been all that good in BE basketball due the league being superior to all others. BB Big East would be the equivalent to the SEC in FB. Meanwhile the BE football would be the equivalent to the Sunbelt conference or CUSA(minus Calipari) in BB. You put the Bulls basketball team in the Sunbelt and they would excel against the much weaker competition

Big East BB = SEC FB

Big East FB = Sunbelt or CUSA BB

I think you overrate basketball and underrate football.

I don't want to argue sagarin's rankings system but he had Big East basketball rated as the 3rd best conference last year while Big East football was rated as the #2 conference. That's hardly SEC > Sun Belt difference.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Vega is ridiculously sour over USF Football but a huge supporter of USF Basketball (as am I) are you kidding me? I don't recall ever seeing him say "USF is a bad team" to the perennially terrible basketball squad.

Great 8 you have it wrong, I support USF football along with everything else USF related, but I have made it clear that the BE is a mediocre conference in FB and that's a fact. Only the strong matter in CFB and the BE is just in the way as for as I'm concerned.

Great 8 you can't compare FB and Basketball and that especially holds true for USF. The basketball team hasn't been all that good in BE basketball due the league being superior to all others. BB Big East would be the equivalent to the SEC in FB. Meanwhile the BE football would be the equivalent to the Sunbelt conference or CUSA(minus Calipari) in BB. You put the Bulls basketball team in the Sunbelt and they would excel against the much weaker competition

Big East BB = SEC FB

I think the problem is the incredibly stupid statement you came out with saying the Bulls are a "bad" football team without them taking a snap yet.... You my want to clarify that.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Big East BB = SEC FB

Isn't Memphis in CUSA BB?  Didn't they beat someone to win something

I did state CUSA minus Calipari and no they didn't win anything but league titles year after year. Memphis lost in the NCAA title game to KU. They should have won but that's another story.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Yeah-I don't watch BB, that's why I was vague

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

There are 6 BCS conferences and I have the BE rated the 7th best conference behind the MWC which I would put somewhere in the top 6.

Good thing your ratings aren't worth a ****.

Big East BB = SEC FB

I think the problem is the incredibly stupid statement you came out with saying the Bulls are a "bad" football team without them taking a snap yet.... You my want to clarify that.

It is my opinion that the Bulls are not a very good football team this year. Could I be wrong, well certainly, but I'm sticking to my prediction of 3 wins in conference play. Next season(2011) is where I expect to see a better team on the field.

Man this reminds basketball is coming up and I'm sure I'll be accused of not liking Stan Heath a dozen or more times before next spring.

Guest Scherdin

Every team lost some key players from last year...so anything can happen in this league.

The biggest problem for us is dealing with the growing pains and injuries.  Considering we have been under .500 in BE play the last couple years, I would love to see 4-3 again, but I could also see us doing better.  I think Holtz will have us better prepared and coached then we are used to seeing...jmo

There are 6 BCS conferences and I have the BE rated the 7th best conference behind the MWC which I would put somewhere in the top 6.

Good thing your ratings aren't worth a ****.

Well they are to me which is why I said IMO. Look at it this way Satty, if the Bulls finish in 1st place which is the original subject of this thread, you and all the others can clown me about which I'm sure will make a lot of people very happy. Hell I'll be happy for the program if they finish in 1st place.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

If the Bulls win the league the BE would prove to be an even worse conference then it already is...if that's even possible.

If we won 9 games, then that makes the conference bad?

This could very be like 2007 in the league where a 5-2 record won it.

I hope USF can go 5-2, I see them going 3-4 in league play. Obvious they should win all their non-league games except against UF (where they are likely to get steamrolled) and at Miami.

The Big East is a weak BCS conference Flip...plain and simple. There are 6 BCS conferences and I have the BE rated the 7th best conference behind the MWC which I would put somewhere in the top 6.

I respect your opinion but to say the Mountain West better than the Big East is ludicrous.

• Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

I am surprised that a USF fan, who obviously follows Big East football, would blindly parrot what the ignorant talking heads say about the Big East.

If you looked at things like Head to head records between other BCS leagues, Bowl Records, OOC records, etc....the Big East has ranked 2nd or 3rd in those categories over the past 4-5 seasons every year.  Yet every year, despite the Big East teams beating SEC, ACC, Pac 10, etc teams over and over and over again...people just keep saying the Big East is a weak conference.  At one point the Big East won something like 8 in a row head to head with the SEC and 11 out of 12 over a 3 year span.  During that time everyone was stating how superior the SEC is to the rest of the leagues, the Big East was a joke and yet the Big East dominated the SEC head to head and in most cases the Big East teams were playing them on the road or in a neutral site Bowl Game.

Our weakest team in the league last year for example was Syracuse. They went on the road and beat Notre Dame and lost on the road at Washington in a very close game.  That was a Syracuse team that I believe won just 1 game in conference.

UConn, who finished tied with USF in the conference with a 3-4 record in conference beat South Carolina and Notre Dame.

USF who was 6th in the Big East beat FL St.

etc, etc, etc....that is the bottom of the conference and look how they performed out of conference vs BCS opponents.

Just a few years ago, USF beat Auburn, WVU beat Georgia, etc. etc.

You can go on and on. Year in and year out. The Big East just keeps beating the other BCS teams head to head, and no matter what, everyone says the league sucks.  It makes no sense to me.

Archived