• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Get Love from Aaron Taylor

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

I was watching Inside College Football on the CBS College Sports Channel last night. Aaron Taylor, though not outright picking USF to win the Big East, warned the other panelists that they better watch out for Skip Holtz, BJ Daniels, and the Bulls. Keep in mind, though, Taylor played under CSH when Skip was OC at Notre Dame. Could just be biased. Could know something others analysts don't.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

If the Bulls win the league the BE would prove to be an even worse conference then it already is...if that's even possible.

I have the Bulls coming in 4th place but hope for higher, just can't see it at this point. Maybe once the season starts and some players perform better then expected and opposing teams suffer key injuries, the Bulls could be a top 3 BE team. Would be the surprise team in CFB if they won the league even though it's the Big Least...I mean the Big East.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

If the Bulls win the league the BE would prove to be an even worse conference then it already is...if that's even possible.

If we won 9 games, then that makes the conference bad?

This could very be like 2007 in the league where a 5-2 record won it.

I hope USF can go 5-2, I see them going 3-4 in league play. Obvious they should win all their non-league games except against UF (where they are likely to get steamrolled) and at Miami.

The Big East is a weak BCS conference Flip...plain and simple. There are 6 BCS conferences and I have the BE rated the 7th best conference behind the MWC which I would put somewhere in the top 6.

• Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I have the Bulls coming in 4th place but hope for higher, just can't see it at this point. Maybe once the season starts and some players perform better then expected and opposing teams suffer key injuries, the Bulls could be a top 3 BE team. Would be the surprise team in CFB if they won the league even though it's the Big Least...I mean the Big East.

I for one don't really give a **** how the conference would look if we won the BE.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I hope USF can go 5-2, I see them going 3-4 in league play. Obvious they should win all their non-league games except against UF (where they are likely to get steamrolled) and at Miami.

The Big East is a weak BCS conference Flip...plain and simple. There are 6 BCS conferences and I have the BE rated the 7th best conference behind the MWC which I would put somewhere in the top 6.

I have no idea how they try to rate conferences, but there is no way that the ACC has been better than the Big East since 2005. The MWC had a couple of nice years, but that may be coming to an end real soon.

3-4 to 5-2 is where I think we should be in league play. If we someone manage to win 1 of the @WVU/@Cincinnati games, then I think 5-2 is achievable.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Vega is ridiculously sour over USF Football but a huge supporter of USF Basketball (as am I) are you kidding me? I don't recall ever seeing him say "USF is a bad team" to the perennially terrible basketball squad.

At any rate, a 5-2 record could win the conference this year, and we are just as talented as that sorry UConn team that tied for the conference title a couple years back.

If the D stays stout and the offense produces just enough to eek out victories we could be safe. I expect us to go 4-3 or 3-4 in conference and place 3rd or 4th but a BE championship isn't entirely out of the question. We're not Louisville or Syracuse. I wouldn't be shocked if any other team won the league title this year (incl. UConn or Rutgers).

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

Vega is ridiculously sour over USF Football but a huge supporter of USF Basketball (as am I) are you kidding me? I don't recall ever seeing him say "USF is a bad team" to the perennially terrible basketball squad.

Great 8 you have it wrong, I support USF football along with everything else USF related, but I have made it clear that the BE is a mediocre conference in FB and that's a fact. Only the strong matter in CFB and the BE is just in the way as for as I'm concerned.

Great 8 you can't compare FB and Basketball and that especially holds true for USF. The basketball team hasn't been all that good in BE basketball due the league being superior to all others. BB Big East would be the equivalent to the SEC in FB. Meanwhile the BE football would be the equivalent to the Sunbelt conference or CUSA(minus Calipari) in BB. You put the Bulls basketball team in the Sunbelt and they would excel against the much weaker competition

Big East BB = SEC FB

Big East FB = Sunbelt or CUSA BB

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Great 8 you have it wrong, I support USF football along with everything else USF related, but I have made it clear that the BE is a mediocre conference in FB and that's a fact. Only the strong matter in CFB and the BE is just in the way as for as I'm concerned.

Great 8 you can't compare FB and Basketball and that especially holds true for USF. The basketball team hasn't been all that good in BE basketball due the league being superior to all others. BB Big East would be the equivalent to the SEC in FB. Meanwhile the BE football would be the equivalent to the Sunbelt conference or CUSA(minus Calipari) in BB. You put the Bulls basketball team in the Sunbelt and they would excel against the much weaker competition

Big East BB = SEC FB

Big East FB = Sunbelt or CUSA BB

Isn't Memphis in CUSA BB?  Didn't they beat someone to win something

Archived