• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

size at wr

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

I'm very suprised that Daniel Bryant didn't move back to WR.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'm very suprised that Daniel Bryant didn't move back to WR.

Me too.

Especially, since he has been best friends with BJ since childhood, and they grew up playing a lot of football together.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

16 guys - 5 walk-ons; 2 out until at least midseason; 3 changing from other positions; 1 not eligible this season; 2 just starting with the team.

That's why I am surprised that Holtz and Boyd haven't tried to get a hardship waiver.

from following this program closely i get the feeling holtz is building for break out 2011 and 2012 years, even if it means being ok with keeping talent like Boyd on the side.

Exactly.  Skip's job is for five years not five minutes.  He is smartly not looking to sprint out of the starting blocks of a marathon.  Not accepting Hayes was a smart deal for the long run.  He was not an ideal fit for this offense and with Aycock and Scott coming in plus Murray it would foolish to carry this kid's schollie for two years.

Keeping Evan Landi at WR full-time, not moving Bryant from corner back to WR (he's just starting to get acclimated with corner), not forcing Boyd to hardship when he's still not a sore hammy and needs to get himself in a good place academically, and personally before contributing.

The list goes on and on of decisions Skip has made personnel wise that clearly show he's planning for the future and not the present.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  171

I agree with you pride but it just seems that with Washington, Webster, Baker and TREX getting early praises from the coach it seems less likely that Bryant would see the field as much on that side of the ball. Also Butler and Dixon in the mix also.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,985

His contract is for 5 years, his career here starts and ends Sept. 11th.  He better beat the Gaytors or the sites go up......

;)

I agree with you pride but it just seems that with Washington, Webster, Baker and TREX getting early praises from the coach it seems less likely that Bryant would see the field as much on that side of the ball. Also Butler and Dixon in the mix also.

yeah but what do you really have at corner?  Washington is still slender, has never blown anyone away yet, and is reluctant to hit.  Webster's best position is probably free-safety, Baker's renaissance thus far has only translated on the practice field, and T-Rex largely played rover and FS while at Hills High.  This same defensive backfield allowed Dontavia Bogan, a guy that's really mostly a very good possession receiver, to toast them for over 200 yards in a spring game.  Until Washington, and Baker show in the game that they've truly turned the corner, and until T-Rex gets in a game and rpvoes to be the real deal then you've got to keep Bryant around at corner.  A team like us, especially in the BE where we face 3-4 spread offenses, will need 5-6 corners throughout the season.

His contract is for 5 years, his career here starts and ends Sept. 11th.   He better beat the Gaytors or the sites go up......

;)

I know it starts on September 11th, but it certainly doesn't end there.  You better just not watch if you think he's going to win that or has any shot at it, or is building just to win it.  He's not, he's building a program for long-term sustainability, not short-term visibility.  With that being said even if he did a few short-term roster moves there's still a highly unlikely chance we'd beat UF so why even build with exclusively that game in mind.  That would be stupid.

We brought in Skip not to turn around a 2010 season, but to make sure that 5 years from now we're in a better overall position and plateau then if Leavitt had been leading the ship.  I think that will definitely happen but vision and time is needed.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

We have some big WR's, the problem is can they move, or are they big and slow.  Carlton Mitchell was big, AND he could fly.  That is what we need.  How fast are Virgin and/or Knowles.

• Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

Sept 11 is just a game against UF.  Put down the flame pen.  Now, his first objective is to win the Big East, then start taking down the Florida schools.  Win the Big East would do more for us then UF game in the long run. 

I think he is looking at both a short term and long term view.  It will take time, but in the short run he wants the best he can with what he has to work with, from a situational standpoint.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693

Some more free practice pics at the link below.

835207.jpg

Knowles and Landi

http://southflorida.scout.com/2/990586.html

Landi looks like the Prince of Persia in that picture hahaha