• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

size at wr

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

And, some are just normal.  ;D

Here is the entire list from the USF official site:

84    Augustin, Bermanley  WR  5-11  181  RFr.  Delray Beach, FL (Atlantic) 

81    Bogan, Dontavia  WR  6-1  188  Sr.  Thomasville, GA (Central County HS) 

33    Boyd, Spencer  WR  5-9  175  Fr.  Cape Coral, FL (Notre Dame) (Cape Coral HS) 

80    Bravo-Brown, Stephen  WR  5-10  175  Fr.  North Lauderdale, FL (St. Thomas Aquinas HS) 

19    Duval, Jordan  WR  6-3  225  Fr.  Tampa, FL (Hillsborough HS) 

29    Erskin, Colby  WR  5-9  183  Sr.  Seminole, FL (Seminole HS) 

17    Griffin, Sterling  WR  6-1  180  So.  Opa Locka, FL (Miami Monsignor Pace HS) 

87    Hopkins, Derrick  WR  5-5  155  RFr.  Opa Locka, FL (Miami Monsignor Pace HS) 

23    Hornes, Faron  WR  5-6  166  Sr.  Bradenton, FL (Butler CC - Kan.) (Southeast HS) 

82    Knowles, TJ  WR  6-6  241  RSo.  Las Vegas, FL (Saddleback) (Coronado HS) 

5    Lamar, Lindsey  WR  5-8  164  So.  Tampa, FL (Hillsborough HS) 

9    Landi, Evan  WR  6-3  221  So.  Coral Springs, FL (Coral Springs Charter HS) 

11    Love, A.J.  WR  6-2  205  Sr.  Bradenton, FL (Southeast HS) 

14    Stowell, Tyler  WR  6-3  193  So.  St. Petersburg, FL, (Northside Christian) 

12    Virgin, Isaac  WR  6-4  249  RFr.  Fort Pierce, FL (Westwood HS) 

83    Welch, Deonte  WR  6-0  190  Fr.  Williston, FL (Williston HS) 

Wow i knew we were young and inexperienced at WR but i had no clue we had that many Freshman and Sophomores. The future is bright at the WR position.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

As long as this group can do a solid job of running crisp routes and then hold on to the ball when it is thrown to them on a consistent basis we will be fine receiving.

If there is a concern with size at WR position it will be downfield blocking. I'm sure the OC will take this into consideration with personnel packages. 

I'm not really concerened about size. More about the lack of experience and ability to catch consistently. That is the area we have struggled with in the past.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

16 guys - 5 walk-ons; 2 out until at least midseason; 3 changing from other positions; 1 not eligible this season; 2 just starting with the team.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

16 guys - 5 walk-ons; 2 out until at least midseason; 3 changing from other positions; 1 not eligible this season; 2 just starting with the team.

That's why I am surprised that Holtz and Boyd haven't tried to get a hardship waiver. He has very good grounds, because he came back to Florida to be closer to his young son and family. I know that he had a lingering hamstring injury at ND in the spring, but he IS practicing with the team.

834601.jpg

33    Boyd, Spencer  WR  5-9  175  Fr.  Cape Coral, FL (Notre Dame) (Cape Coral HS)

Even if Boyd received the hardship waiver, he does not have to play this year. It's like having insurance in case the need arises. If he doesn't get it, then he's in the same position he is in now.   

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,991
  • Days Won:  12

That's why I am surprised that Holtz and Boyd haven't tried to get a hardship waiver.

from following this program closely i get the feeling holtz is building for break out 2011 and 2012 years, even if it means being ok with keeping talent like Boyd on the side.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

Since were on the subject of WR's just saw this quote from Greg's blog:

Asked if any other receivers had stepped in the first four practices to fill the void at a key position, Holtz was blunt.

"No," he said. "At this point, I haven't seen anything to give me a lot of hope there."

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/receiver-erskin-lost-fourth-torn-acl

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

That's why I am surprised that Holtz and Boyd haven't tried to get a hardship waiver. He has very good grounds, because he came back to Florida to be closer to his young son and family. I know that he had a lingering hamstring injury at ND in the spring, but he IS practicing with the team.

834601.jpg

Even if Boyd received the hardship waiver, he does not have to play this year. It's like having insurance in case the need arises. If he doesn't get it, then he's in the same position he is in now.   

This is a great point.  I don't understand it either.  Boyd must be very set on not playing this year at all.

834601.jpg

This is a great point.  I don't understand it either.  Boyd must be very set on not playing this year at all.

That seems to be the case. He has said that he thinks taking a redshirt would benefit him, by getting stronger and learning to play WR. Under normal circumstances, It probably would be better if he redshirted. BUT, it can't hurt to have a waiver in his back pocket, just in case a couple of months from now he changes his mind, because by then it's too late. 

Some more free practice pics at the link below.

835207.jpg

Knowles and Landi

http://southflorida.scout.com/2/990586.html

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Landi has beefed up.....also, how tall is Steve Smith in Carolina?  Not that tall, but he's a beast!