• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UL Hotels

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

I'll be there with a few UK co-eds. I currently am sourcing out Bulls apparel to drape them in. The hotels your posted are pretty good -- I've stayed in the majority of them. If you got a fair price, then you should go for it.

I always use travelocity last minute deals. I normally get a plane ticket and car or plane ticket and hotel room for around ~$320 for the weekend. Driving is definitely cheaper, though, if you don't mind the trek. Having done the Tampa to Kentucky drive a few times now, I'm going to stick with flying on this one.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

I went ahead and reserved a room at the Hilton Gardens. I can get up late and just go to the game or alumni tailgate. Don't have to sit in traffic before or after the game.

If somebody wants to do something Friday night, though, we can line up something here.

We have reservations at the Hilton Garden as well.  Stayed at the Courtyard at the airport last year.  They shuttled us to near the Hilton Gardens and walked from there and they picked us up after the game as well. 

Friday night there are 4 of us going to a fairly high end place called the Bourbon Bistro (pretty sure).  Don't know if you are into high end bourbons and fine dining.  Went to it 2 years ago and it was fabulous.  Parking was a bit of pain.

Don't think we are doing the Alumni tailgate there this year.  The food was crappy last time.  May just hit a restaurant around the hotel and then make our way over.

As a son of the Bluegrass, I do like my bourbon. How high end? I wasn't planning on bringing all of Mrs. S's clothes, just half of them.  ;D

Here is their website  http://www.bourbonsbistro.com/ 

The food was fabulous and they have flights of bourbon for trying new items.  Didn't get overly dressed up for it.  Probably wore a Bulls shirt.  If you decide to go, PM me and we'll make some plans.  Will probably be doing some tasting at the distilleries during the day Friday. 

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

Just got back

there is a place donwtown called 4th street live with bars and it seemed pretty kewl

we stayed at a newly built Ramada Inn by 6 flags and it was clean

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

I went ahead and reserved a room at the Hilton Gardens. I can get up late and just go to the game or alumni tailgate. Don't have to sit in traffic before or after the game.

If somebody wants to do something Friday night, though, we can line up something here.

We have reservations at the Hilton Garden as well.  Stayed at the Courtyard at the airport last year.  They shuttled us to near the Hilton Gardens and walked from there and they picked us up after the game as well. 

Friday night there are 4 of us going to a fairly high end place called the Bourbon Bistro (pretty sure).  Don't know if you are into high end bourbons and fine dining.  Went to it 2 years ago and it was fabulous.  Parking was a bit of pain.

Don't think we are doing the Alumni tailgate there this year.  The food was crappy last time.  May just hit a restaurant around the hotel and then make our way over.

As a son of the Bluegrass, I do like my bourbon. How high end? I wasn't planning on bringing all of Mrs. S's clothes, just half of them.  ;D

Here is their website  http://www.bourbonsbistro.com/ 

The food was fabulous and they have flights of bourbon for trying new items.  Didn't get overly dressed up for it.  Probably wore a Bulls shirt.  If you decide to go, PM me and we'll make some plans.  Will probably be doing some tasting at the distilleries during the day Friday. 

We're in for the Bistro, but won't be getting into Louisville until at least 3 Friday afternoon, though. Are you going down to Bardstown to do any sipping?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

I'll be there with a few UK co-eds. I currently am sourcing out Bulls apparel to drape them in. The hotels your posted are pretty good -- I've stayed in the majority of them. If you got a fair price, then you should go for it.

I always use travelocity last minute deals. I normally get a plane ticket and car or plane ticket and hotel room for around ~$320 for the weekend. Driving is definitely cheaper, though, if you don't mind the trek. Having done the Tampa to Kentucky drive a few times now, I'm going to stick with flying on this one.

It's safer for the coeds to wear green as opposed to blue in PJCS. At the game in 08, I was in line waiting to take a leak with a guy three or four people behind me decked out in UK gear. The Cardinal faithful didn't even know I was there. They made sure "UK Guy's" wait was miserable, though.

Having said that, I'm thinking about doing a split jersey this year, since I am also a UK alum.

It's actually cheaper to fly into Nashville and do the 2 and a half hour drive up from there. We'll be driving, though. My Mother was from Elizabethtown, so I have a load of relatives in and around Louisville, E-Town, and Fort Knox. I have to set aside one day, every time we are up there, for them. That will be Sunday. As I posted earlier in this thread, we also have family in Tullahoma, Tennessee that recently moved up there and we'll be stopping to see them on the way.

Driving is the best option for my wife and myself. We enjoy the road trips, listening to audio books, observing the countryside, and getting to spend time together, just us.

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

It's safer for the coeds to wear green as opposed to blue in PJCS. At the game in 08, I was in line waiting to take a leak with a guy three or four people behind me decked out in UK gear. The Cardinal faithful didn't even know I was there. They made sure "UK Guy's" wait was miserable, though.

Having said that, I'm thinking about doing a split jersey this year, since I am also a UK alum.

It's actually cheaper to fly into Nashville and do the 2 and a half hour drive up from there. We'll be driving, though. My Mother was from Elizabethtown, so I have a load of relatives in and around Louisville, E-Town, and Fort Knox. I have to set aside one day, every time we are up there, for them. That will be Sunday. As I posted earlier in this thread, we also have family in Tullahoma, Tennessee that recently moved up there and we'll be stopping to see them on the way.

Driving is the best option for my wife and myself. We enjoy the road trips, listening to audio books, observing the countryside, and getting to spend time together, just us.

twas a great drive for us too

• 4 weeks later...

• Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

That's a very good resource, but where do the Bull fans want to meet for pre-game tailgating?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

That's a very good resource, but where do the Bull fans want to meet for pre-game tailgating?

There was a sports bar kind of diagonally across from the Hilton Garden Inn on the main north/south road near the stadium.  That's a possibility.  The food at the alumni tailgate 2 years ago was ice cold and horrible.  Don't know if we'll do that again.

• Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

I didn't know that the alumini association might have anything planned.  We're just driving up from Tennessee and prefer to do our own thing, would just like to be in the same lot with the folks wearing green and gold.

Archived