UL Hotels

Jihme

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

is there a hotel where a lot of USF folks go for the UL game Nov 13 weekend?  i'm probably the only one planning for that weekend haha!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

is there a hotel where a lot of USF folks go for the UL game Nov 13 weekend?  i'm probably the only one planning for that weekend haha!

Got my tickets today and spent part of the day looking for hotels close to the stadium. Hilton Gardens and the Courtyard are about 4 tenths of a mile from the Pizza Oven. I'd like to know who else may be going to this one, too, though.

• Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  1

Hey guys, I have spent two weeks in Lville each of the last 3 years.  The hotels close to the stadium are okay plus they put you within a couple miles from churchill downs.  The other option would be to stay closer to the river and downtown.  I have stayed at the downtown Marriot and the Galt House, both places put you right in the mix.  4th street live is right there and will be the best option for a night or two out.  Ali museum and Louisville slugger museum are also within walking distance.  I also have some good suggestions for dining out if you would like.  If you stay in this location it will be short drive ($20) to the stadium but will give you excellent activities.  Drop me a line if you want to know more.  T-Man

I went ahead and reserved a room at the Hilton Gardens. I can get up late and just go to the game or alumni tailgate. Don't have to sit in traffic before or after the game.

If somebody wants to do something Friday night, though, we can line up something here.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  4,642

unless some things change with my schedule, i'll be driving down.  i'll have my truck, so we can tailgate before the game.  i'm down for anything.

i will look around for hotels, but that one you got seems good.  i'll post any info i get.

• Content Count:  233

Hello All

I would be interested in sharing a cheap room. I will fly in from Birmingham Saturday morning and fly back on Sunday.

Cheers

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  6,750
  • Days Won:  17

Myself and two others are driving up from Murfreesboro, TN for the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Myself and two others are driving up from Murfreesboro, TN for the game.

We'll be stopping in Tullahoma Thursday night on the way up, to visit some family there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  23,541
  • Days Won:  112

I went ahead and reserved a room at the Hilton Gardens. I can get up late and just go to the game or alumni tailgate. Don't have to sit in traffic before or after the game.

If somebody wants to do something Friday night, though, we can line up something here.

We have reservations at the Hilton Garden as well.  Stayed at the Courtyard at the airport last year.  They shuttled us to near the Hilton Gardens and walked from there and they picked us up after the game as well. 

Friday night there are 4 of us going to a fairly high end place called the Bourbon Bistro (pretty sure).  Don't know if you are into high end bourbons and fine dining.  Went to it 2 years ago and it was fabulous.  Parking was a bit of pain.

Don't think we are doing the Alumni tailgate there this year.  The food was crappy last time.  May just hit a restaurant around the hotel and then make our way over.

We have reservations at the Hilton Garden as well.  Stayed at the Courtyard at the airport last year.  They shuttled us to near the Hilton Gardens and walked from there and they picked us up after the game as well. 

Friday night there are 4 of us going to a fairly high end place called the Bourbon Bistro (pretty sure).  Don't know if you are into high end bourbons and fine dining.  Went to it 2 years ago and it was fabulous.  Parking was a bit of pain.

Don't think we are doing the Alumni tailgate there this year.  The food was crappy last time.  May just hit a restaurant around the hotel and then make our way over.

As a son of the Bluegrass, I do like my bourbon. How high end? I wasn't planning on bringing all of Mrs. S's clothes, just half of them.  ;D

Archived