• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UL Hotels

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

That's a very good resource, but where do the Bull fans want to meet for pre-game tailgating?

There was a sports bar kind of diagonally across from the Hilton Garden Inn on the main north/south road near the stadium.  That's a possibility.  The food at the alumni tailgate 2 years ago was ice cold and horrible.  Don't know if we'll do that again.

After partaking in a few, the bang for the buck turns me away from the alumni tailgates.

redbird, any info on the place Cousin Ricky speaks of? I'll ask my friends on BluegrassPreps as well.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a very good resource, but where do the Bull fans want to meet for pre-game tailgating?

There was a sports bar kind of diagonally across from the Hilton Garden Inn on the main north/south road near the stadium.  That's a possibility.  The food at the alumni tailgate 2 years ago was ice cold and horrible.  Don't know if we'll do that again.

After partaking in a few, the bang for the buck turns me away from the alumni tailgates.

redbird, any info on the place Cousin Ricky speaks of? I'll ask my friends on BluegrassPreps as well.

Cardinal Hall of Fame Cafe? Does that sound right Ricky?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

That sounds like the place.  No map on the website, but the address is the right road.

Depending on start time for the game, it looks like a place that will work.  About a 10 minute walk to the stadium if memory serves me well.

The hotel we stayed at last time ran us there on a hotel shuttle and picked us up as well.  May have walked through the place waiting for the shuttle.

And the first 5 pages of the menu are drinks.  :cheers

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

Any idea when they're announcing the game time? I want to book a hotel but it depends on an early or late game if I'm driving up Friday or Saturday.

• Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Any idea when they're announcing the game time? I want to book a hotel but it depends on an early or late game if I'm driving up Friday or Saturday.

I second that, when it starts will decide when and where I stay the night since I am coming up from Murfreesboro.

• Content Count:  471
  • Days Won:  0

Also for Bulls fans than is bar called Harlows litterally right across the street from the stadium.  Pretty cool spot people gather before the games.  Kind of like a Fergs next to the trop.

Also for Bulls fans than is bar called Harlows litterally right across the street from the stadium.  Pretty cool spot people gather before the games.  Kind of like a Fergs next to the trop.

Do you have an addy for that?  Googled it and couldn't come up with one.

Thanks Redbird.

Do you have an addy for that?  Googled it and couldn't come up with one.

Thanks Redbird.

On Floyd St., across from the stadium, I found The Cardinal Inn and Tailgaters. Both have a little Ferg's feel to them.

That sounds like the place.  No map on the website, but the address is the right road.

Depending on start time for the game, it looks like a place that will work.  About a 10 minute walk to the stadium if memory serves me well.

The hotel we stayed at last time ran us there on a hotel shuttle and picked us up as well.  May have walked through the place waiting for the shuttle.

And the first 5 pages of the menu are drinks.   :cheers

Ricky, the Cardinal Hall of Fame Cafe is right in front of the Hilton Garden Inn.

louisville1.jpg

Looks like that should work.  For some reason I was picturing the hotel diagonally across from there.  Obviously a different hotel.

I'll check with our friend to see if he made reservations at the Bourbon Bistro for Friday night.  If not, I'll call.

Archived