• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What are your expectations for the Bulls this season?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I've been disappointed with our results since becoming 1A, except for our 9-2 year.

I think we have the talent to win the conference.

Go BULLS !!!

yeah in 2011...the talent is too young.  You cannot coach around inexperience, and a lack of size no matter who you are.

• Content Count:  971

Did you guys watch the same Spring game I did?  More realistically, I say 5-7, no bowl.  I'm thinking 2011 will yield much better results.  Of course, there might not be a Big East then and the world ends in 2012 anyway.  ;)  GB!

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Considering the turnover in coaching staff, the loss of talent from last year, and the tougher schedule, I'd be elated with a 7-5 record and a bowl game. I'm just trying to be realistic. I hope to see an uptick in recruiting next year and better team discipline this year.

• Content Count:  4,501

This may be the year we won't recognize our Bulls.  I look for the offense with almost eveyone coming back to put up alot of points even with Mitchel gone and Love may be gone to.  We had depth at WR so I think someone will step out.  The defense will be more porous then we are used to - excluding last year which was ugly-

Sooo - I would expect a plus 500 season and a bowl game.  I also expect to see more shoot outs then we are used to.  You know 35 to 28 type games and maybe even more points

Considering the turnover in coaching staff, the loss of talent from last year, and the tougher schedule, I'd be elated with a 7-5 record and a bowl game. I'm just trying to be realistic. I hope to see an uptick in recruiting next year and better team discipline this year.

Toro - were you elated last year ?  We had major turn-over in staff last year.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Not at all. Last year the offense and defense were prone to the same mistakes and afflictions as years prior. I didn't feel there was enough of a shift in philosophy on both sides of the ball to actually do something different to buck the trend of flopping in conference play. Considering all that, I was disappointed that the team seemed to fall into the same underachieving groove as years past.

Not at all. Last year the offense and defense were prone to the same mistakes and afflictions as years prior. I didn't feel there was enough of a shift in philosophy on both sides of the ball to actually do something different to buck the trend of flopping in conference play. Considering all that, I was disappointed that the team seemed to fall into the same underachieving groove as years past.

So really you are looking more at the way they played then their record.  Good way to look at it.  i for was was really dissappointed in the defense last year especially in conference play.

• Content Count:  5

I expect a solid effort EVERY MINUTE of EVERY GAME. I expect to be more competitive in Conference play. Coach Holtz has already begun to address the biggest problem, interior D-line play against a "smash mouth" team. He has also brought an offense that actually knows what an I formation is, a screen is, and a seem route for a TE. We should be much improved, compete hard, and hopefully pull out a Conference Title. With the rumors about conference realignment, our teams may be playing on a fairly regular basis.

Hokie, Hokie, Hokie hi Virginia Tech, Virginia Tech, VPI. Is that how it goes? I was able to attend the 2000 Sugar Bowl, IMO Nick Sorenson was your weak link.

Hokie Hokie Hokie Hi Tech Tech V-P-I is how it goes. That's the old cheer for the school. I think Holtz can take USF to the top of the Big East. He's a solid coach. That ECU program was in the toilet when he took over and he def. had it running smoothly the past few years. His teams play hard. They almost beat us in 07, beat us in 08 (blocked punt....terrible day for us breaking in tons of new starters), and their defense kept our strong running game in check last year. I expect him to take USF to a BCS Bowl within three years. Sorenson, yeah, would you believe he ended up with something like an eight year NFL career? We were leading that game going to the 4th quarter. We just didn't have top talent like we do now back in 1999. It was the Michael Vick Show with a mediocre cast for the most part around him but guys that played hard. Put Vick on any of our teams from the past five years or so and we win the MNC with ease. All about talent upgrade.

• Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

USF will have a major improvement in the offensive production.  I see our yards per game going up by 30 to 40, I think improvement in special teams.  However, with the loss of so many talented players on defense I think we suffer.

6-6 next year at best 7-5.

Archived