• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What are your expectations for the Bulls this season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

Greetings from a Hokie! Being born and raised in Florida, USF is the only team I've really enjoyed following in the state. I've enjoyed watching the team grow. What are your expectations this year with Holtz as coach now? Conference title? Just a Bowl? What are you looking at this season? How many starters return? Would like to see my Hokies play the Bulls sometime. Would be a fun series. Hope to see USF in a BCS Bowl this season!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks for the love from a Hokie fan!  I went to high school in the state of VA and have already loved the Hokies :)  I regret having not applied to VT as a high school senior.  Great school. 

I don't want to hear people use the excuse that we're in a "rebuilding" year.  Coach Holtz should upset one of the Florida schools this year-- hopefully an early season upset against a largely unknown Gator team.  Though I'd really like to see us beat Miami and make this "rivalry" a series. 

My greatest expectations for Coach Holtz is in-conference.  We could lose both the UF and Miami games, but I DEMAND improvement in in-conference play.  First off, beat Rutgers.  He doesn't do that, fire him the next morning!  I don't want to see another late season crash.  Play tough against our conference opponents and don't get blown out, no less than a winning/even record in conference play, and beat Rutgers.  Keep our bowl streak alive!  If Holtz accomplishes that, I'm satisfied. 

Overall, I don't want to see a significant drop off in play because I really don't believe we are in a "rebuilding" year.  We have a solid offense lead by BJ Daniels and plenty of defensive talent to plug in some holes.  I want to win now. 

• Content Count:  6,502

Major improvement in Big East Conference play. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

Conference Champion !

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I expect a solid effort EVERY MINUTE of EVERY GAME. I expect to be more competitive in Conference play. Coach Holtz has already begun to address the biggest problem, interior D-line play against a "smash mouth" team. He has also brought an offense that actually knows what an I formation is, a screen is, and a seem route for a TE. We should be much improved, compete hard, and hopefully pull out a Conference Title. With the rumors about conference realignment, our teams may be playing on a fairly regular basis.

Hokie, Hokie, Hokie hi Virginia Tech, Virginia Tech, VPI. Is that how it goes? I was able to attend the 2000 Sugar Bowl, IMO Nick Sorenson was your weak link.

• Content Count:  771

Conference Champion !

CONFERENCE CHAMPION!!

• Content Count:  3,749

Im expecting a solid season with a decent bowl and no lower than 3rd in the BE finish.

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

100% what Bull-by-Marriage said, without the Hokie line.

• Content Count:  3,802

I don't expect much, including discipline and the like. Players won't automatically forget what happened in the previous regime and go from being undisciplined animals to completely focused athletes.

That said, the Big East is more up for grabs than ever when UConn is considered one of the top teams in the conference. I think Pitt runs away with the title but after that not sure how things end up.

• Content Count:  578

So many question marks. I'd like to at least make a bowl, but I won't write-off Coach Holtz if that is not accomplished since this transition is a monumental task.

Archived