• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What are your expectations for the Bulls this season?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Fair enough, I hope you're right. Every time they win, I have to hear about it incessantly from classmates and everyone else on campus.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

Having been in graduate school at UMiami for the past 5 years, I've got a few buddies on the team. Look, we're NOT going to beat Miami. 2008 woulda been the year to do it, but we didn't get a chance at them. This year, they'll make a run at the ACC title for sure, and likely be ranked well going into bowl season. Last year, they took us REALLY seriously, which is partly why they beat the tar out of us. They had their second string/third string in after the first half, for gosh sakes. Give Shannon credit for having class; they really coulda run up the score. They don't want our little upstart BCS team to screw their season, especially as the last game for their seniors, and the most important one for the BCS polls. They took us very seriously, and will do so again this year. That's what we get for scheduling them so late - they're fine-tuned by the last game of the year after having gone through their entire ACC schedule, and there's a lot on the line for them so they'll always look to finish strong. The UM under Randy Shannon is very different from the UM under Coker - they're quite focused, and they're not gonna overlook us. Look, I want more than anything to beat Miami. But we have a MUCH better chance to upset the Gators in week 2 before their team really comes together after all their losses and coaching issues, despite the talent disparity and the location in the Swamp.

Sounds like a Miami love fest here. I won't debate that we'll probably lose to them at the end of the season, but Miami won't be a legit threat for the ACC title. FSU and Miami could end up around 2, 3 but it'll probably be a big 5 way tie for 2nd. Nobody has separated themselves in the ACC.

Definitely no love fest for Miami. I wear USF gear every day on campus, and the back of my truck says "My head says 'Canes, but my heart says BULLS.... 'Cane for now, BULL FOREVER."

It's just being realistic. Look, I can't stand that they are as good as we are, and I desperately want USF to beat Miami. It's just not going to happen. Last year, they were ranked top 15 going into bowl season. They beat Oklahoma and Georgia Tech. They were a solid team, and they didn't lose many key players from last year. They beat the tar out of us last year, and they'll do it again this year, especially when we are completely reloading on defense. They were a contender for the ACC title until they lost a really close one to UNC at the end of the year last year... and they'll contend again this year. It's really not a very stable statement to say Miami won't be a legitimate threat for the ACC title this year.

JaCory Harris will never lead his team to the ACC title.

The only way Miami wins with him at the helm is if the ACC becomes mediocre top to bottom. I think it'll be amazing if they surpass VT/GT. After that they could finish 2nd while never really being in "contention" for anything.

They'll finished tied for 3rd or 4th in conference just like last year.

And, yes, they'll probably beat the snot out of us, never have I debated that. Your statements about Miami makes it sound like they're a borderline top 10 squad and they're just not. They are a borderline top 20 team.

If Riley Skinner can lead his team to an ACC title then Jacory Harris is more than capable of leading Miami to an ACC title, he had a lot of INTs last year but he is a very talented QB. I'm not overly impressed with his arm strength but I am impressed with the touch and accuracy on his intermediate passes. With that said, the talent that Miami has been stacking the last few years definitely gives them the ability to be a top 10 team....

GT will not be in contention this year for anything...they lost Dwyer, their stud WR and Derrick Morgan, not to mention others on their defense....with all of those players last year, Miami smoked them. Virginia Tech is the likely front runner and it'll be interesting to see how FSU responds without Bowden and Mickey Andrews (the game has passed these guys anyways)

The biggest thing for Miami this year will be how they replace 3 starting O-lineman....I think that's the hardest position to replace on the field outside of QB....

I think the key to beating Miami is obviously going to be innovation on both the offense and defense which is something that we haven't shown consistently over the Grothe Era....

Archived