• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dr. Phillips LB LaQuentin Smith gets 2 more offers from Cincinnati, USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I'm not sure how close they are, but LaQuentin played hoops last year with Shane Larkin. Maybe they're close enough that the idea of both going to the same school can help us out.

Great info Orlando, I had all but given up Laquentin to the Razorbacks, but his Mom must have had some problems, maybe like getting to the games?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

I am hearing good things about Laquentin Smith...

• Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

And the rumors have been confirmed.....Booyah!

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/sports/2010/october/160605/HS-Confidential:--Laquentin-Smith-leaning-toward-USF

HS Confidential: Laquentin Smith leaning toward USF

Dr. Phillip's LaQuentin Smith By Tiffany Greene, BHSN

Last Updated: Monday, October 11, 2010

ORLANDO -- 

The big announcements just keep coming for Dr. Phillips.  After the Panthers running back Dee Hart committed to Michigan live on our BHSN Game of the Week on Friday, his teammate Laquentin Smith is next in line.  USF looks to be the front runner after talking with DP head coach Dale Salapa.  The Panthers linebacker was expected to commit to the Arkansas Razorbacks but his family wants him to stay closer to home.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Stay close to let Momma see you play.

Corey says that Laquentin dialed it back a bit and still has 4 schools under consideration. It would be great to have this young man and his family become part of our future. Laquentin, stay home and be a Florida star. You will get the playing time and the chance to shine in Tampa, a big media market.

October 11, 2010 9:24 EST

Smith still looking at four

Chris Nee

Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips three-star athlete LaQuentin Smith has heard the rumors, that he is on the verge of a commitment to South Florida, but he says not to believe everything you hear. According to Smith, Skip Holtz' Bulls are just one of four programs he still has under consideration.

http://usf.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1137971&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Rivals is showing a scheduled visit on 11/19/10 just prior to the Pitt game.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-LaQuentin-Smith-102794

This says he is adding WVU to his list. Boy I bet his mom will hate the ride up there to see games.

WVU added to Orlando athlete’s top 4

October 12th, 2010 | Author: AllEers

LaQuentin Smith recently added a fourth school to the top of his list; that school is West Virginia. Smith has been considering Arkansas, South Carolina, and South Florida for some time now, but has now added the Mountaineers to the mix. Smith also holds offers from Cincinnati, Illinois, Michigan, Purdue, Tennessee, Wake Forest, and several other schools.

Smith has already visited Arkansas, South Carolina, and South Florida. He hoped to make the trip to Morgantown for the USF game, but his visit will have to wait because of it being a Thursday night game.

Dave Lockwood is the lead recruiter for the 6′2, 220 pound athlete from Dr. Phillips High School in Orlando, Florida. He is being recruited by West Virginia to play safety, but with his 220 pound frame, he could be one of those guys that could be moved down to linebacker as he continues to get stronger in the weight room.

According to his biography at Scout.com LaQuentin Smith finished his junior season with 97 tackles, five fumbles caused and four fumbles recovered. He says he can bench 270-pounds and claims a 34-inch vertical jump.

http://goldandbluezone.com/football/recruiting/wvu-added-to-orlando-athletes-top-4/

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,659
  • Days Won:  424

I didn't realize they got two visits ...

• Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

I don't think he has taken an official yet. I think Arkie has been his only official; us and USCe were both unofficial visits which they can make as many as they want. Again not 100% on this but pretty close

I don't think he has taken an official yet. I think Arkie has been his only official; us and USCe were both unofficial visits which they can make as many as they want. Again not 100% on this but pretty close

There is always the possibility that Rivals is out to lunch. I am not sure that a lot of the info that they publish is accurate.The pay sites have huge typos( e.g. high school, spelling of name, ranking issues which everyone wonders about, position......). I was wondering why he would schedule an official that far out, but then again it might just be when everything worked out.

Archived