• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dr. Phillips LB LaQuentin Smith gets 2 more offers from Cincinnati, USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

LMAO at the last comment being his dad telling him to always use a rubber

Well, that's ONE interpretation.  ;)  :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

CDowlar has been tweeting about a number of recruiting contacts with USF today:

Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips ATH LaQuentin Smith spoke with six schools on the phone today including #Arkansas #USF and #SouthCarolina.

about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

You can check out his other tweets here:

http://twitter.com/cdowlar

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

This is an interesting thread. In a nutshell, Arkansas began saying Smith had committed and had to reel it back in after Smith said the rumor wasn't true. let's hope they stepped in it.

http://woopig.net/board/index.php?action=printpage;topic=72711.0

• Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

Do we have a "Tell me how my ass taste" icon?  they have great fans on that board

• Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090324155801717     

Do we have a "Tell me how my *** taste" icon?  they have great fans on that board

If I was a recruit I would be thinking long and hard(no pun intended) before I entered the Razorback World. Scary.

Kinda sounding like this is a done deal.

S/LB Laquentin Smith of Orlando Dr. Phillips HS said he hasn’t officially committed to Arkansas just yet. He and his mother want to talk to Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino while on his visit before doing so.

S Roderick Ryles said he, Smith,  DB Hasean Clinton-Dix and RB Dee Hart will arrive around 10:30 a.m on Saturday for their official visits.

http://recruiting.arpreps.com/2010/09/22/wednesday-tidbits-9/

This article makes it sound like it's done.

The kid's athletic director and an assistant coach at Dr. Phillilps High School in Orlando went ahead and made it somewhat official for him on Tuesday, telling the Orlando Sentinel that linebacker/safety LaQuentin Smith had committed to Arkansas.

Smith answered the reporter, Chris Hays, by text saying, "Not yet," as far as a commitment. But Smith did have news Razorback fans should like.

When Smith returned a phone call later Tuesday he said, "I'm going to commit, but I'm just clearing up some things first," he said. "I'm trying to wait on the coaches and have the coaches talk to my family first … but yeah, it will be this week."

http://www.arkansassports360.com/20028/highly-regarded-florida-prospect-tells-news-outlet-he-will-attend-hogs-game-commit

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting article about Smith, He was talking all about committing while he was on his official at Arkansas, but didn't do it, now is talking about taking more trips. Nice comments about USF and staying close to home, too.

Dr. Phillips LB/S LaQuentin Smith might announce commitment Friday along with Dee Hart

By Chris Hays | Orlando Sentinel

1:53 a.m. EDT, October 6, 2010

LaQuentin Smith, a 6-foot-1, 200-pound linebacker/safety at Orlando Dr. Phillips, is still sorting out his options for choosing a college. He said last week he expected to commit to Arkansas once his mother was able to talk to the coaching staff and clear some things up.

So for now, Smith says he is open. But he may not be open for long. Teammate Dee Hart has scheduled a press conference for Friday at Dr. Phillips (time TBA) to announce his choice between Alabama and Michigan, and he texted on Tuesday that Smith may also announce his decision. Smith also confirmed Tuesday that he is "thinking about it."

Smith said Monday after practice, "I'm still going through the recruiting process. I'm still open to everybody. I haven't found a home yet but I think I know what it is. I'm still undecided ... I'm still thinking."

Arkansas is still on his list, but another big player for Smith in the early going is back on his radar. He absolutely loved South Carolina after a visit this past summer and that hasn't changed. He is contemplating a trip to Columbia for Saturday's game against Alabama.

He's looking to arrange the trip with two area South Carolina commits Deon Green (DT from Orlando Olympia) and Jordan Montgomery (LB from Groveland South Lake). "We're talking about it right now, back and forth, through text messages and stuff." Smith and Jordan were members of the same 7-on-7 team last spring that took third at the USF Badger Sports Elite tournament.

USF is another team that has been high on Smith's list.

"USF is still one of the key components cause they're close to home, nice facilities, coach Skip Holtz is a wonderful coach and the defensive coach Mark Snyder me and him have a real good relationship .. We talk constantly and we are like father and son right now cause we keep the relationship going."

By Friday, Smith will possibly have things sorted out, but even after that, things could change. The only thing that matters is on which letterhead he signs his name on Feb. 2.

Chris Hays is the Sentinel's recruiting coverage coordinator and can be reached at chays@orlandosentinel.com.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/os-recruiting-laquentin-smith-to-commit-1004,0,81823.htmlstory

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Thanks for the info Bill. After reading an article stating how he was leaning strongly toward Arkansas, I thought we were out of the running. It seems like we're back in this thing. He would be a solid addition to this recruiting class.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I'm not sure how close they are, but LaQuentin played hoops last year with Shane Larkin. Maybe they're close enough that the idea of both going to the same school can help us out.

Archived